Chapter 6

I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's very cute and gets heated. That's all <3

I wake up in my bed. I sit up and my head pounds.

"Ahh." I rub my temples.

I stand up, but I fall to the floor. I scream in pain from my back. I remember now. Everything comes rushing back. Mason fought for me. I hear footsteps and the door opens. Harley comes rushing to my side and helps me up.

"Are you okay?" She says worried.

"Yeah, just sore," I say with a fake smile.

"How are you holding up? Like are you actually okay? I meant to say, I'm sorry about your mom. She didn't deserve that." Harley says and hugs me.

I feel a tear run down my cheek, "yeah, she deserved much better." I say truthfully.

"Well, Lucas and I got all of your things. I unpacked everything, so let me know if you need anything. I told my mom I would stay here for a while to take care of you." She says with an apologetic smile.

"Thanks." Is all I could get out.

Harley leaves the room and I just sit there. I think what to do next. I decide to take a shower and wash off all of my guilt. I get up and try and walk to the shower. When I get to the bathroom I grip onto the counter so I don't fall. I turn the water on too hot and strip. I get in and I relax. A shower is a place I have to myself. The one place I don't feel at war. The one place I can hide away.

When I finish I get out and dry myself. I open the closet and see all of my clothes hung up. I don't feel like wearing my clothes so I go to the dresser and take out one of Mason's shirts. I like the way they fit me and they are comfy. I'm sure he won't mind. I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in," I say.

"Dinner," Harley says and helps me out.

"Who's shirt is that?" She whispers.

"Mason's," I whisper back and feel my cheeks heat up.

Harley doesn't say anything but just smirks like a little girl. 

When we get to the kitchen I sit down at the table and grab some pizza. Harley sits next to me and digs in. None of the boys seem to be around. I take a few bites of my pizza and give up. To be honest I'm not much of an eater. Ever since I was little I never had a big appetite. That's probably why I'm so small. So to this day, I don't eat much.

"Where are the guys?" I ask.

"Out. Why do you miss Mason already?" She teases.

"Shut the hell up I was just curious." I roll my eyes.

After me and Harley finished our pizza we sat on the couch and watched Netflix. We are watching a chick flick. I hear the front door open and I don't care to look. The movie is on a sex scene and my eyes don't leave the screen. I hear Mason sit down next to me on the couch, but I don't care. I'm just mesmerized by how much passion is between the two.

"Is she okay?" Mason asks Harley.

"Yeah, she just loves her sex scenes," Harley says and laughs.

Ever since I was little I wanted true love, but everyone I was surrounded by never had love. As I grew up I realized the hard truth. There's no such thing as love. At least not for my ass. I hear them tell each other they love you and I scream and stand up and walk away. I hate other people who have love and I don't.

"What's with her?" Mason asks.

"She doesn't believe in love. Or at least she hates it. She always gets mad at me and Harley when we get all lovey-dovey." Lucas says and chuckles.

"Hm." Mason hums.

About an hour later I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I say.

The door opens and I see Mason. I smile at him and he sits down on the bed.

"How are you?" Mason ask.

"Fine." I lie. I'm taking everything pretty rough.

"Liar." He says.

"What?" I say surprised.

"I can tell when you lie," Mason says and smirks.

"What does it matter? I've had a shitty life since I was little, this isn't any different." I say out of honesty.

"You didn't deserve to grow up like that. And you don't deserve this now." Mason says.

He puts his hand towards me and I flinch.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I would never." Mason says with caring eyes.

He moves his hand by my face and pushes the hair out of my face behind my ear.

"You know you're really pretty," Mason says.

I don't say anything because I don't believe him. I don't think I'm pretty. I never did. Mason stands up and leaves, without saying a word. Did I do something? Did I say something wrong? I don't know. Mason is a mystery. He's so interesting. He intrigues me. Besides he's also really hot.

I go through my things and find a necklace of my mom. I start to tear up. I put it on and think of her. I can't hold it in anymore and I lay on my bed and cry. She didn't deserve to die. Why couldn't it have been me who died?

"Hey, Ash?" Harley comes in. "Omg come here." She says and hugs me.

"It's not fair," I say crying on her shoulder.

"Shhh, I know, I know." She says and rubs my back.

After about fifteen minutes, I finally calm myself down. Harley and Lucas went out for a bit so I was on my own. I went into the living room and I saw Mason. I sit on the couch next to him.

"Wanna watch a movie? You can pick." I say smiling.

"Sure." He says.

We end up going with the notebook which I have never seen. We were sitting on the couch and I got a cold breeze. I started to shiver. I felt Mason's eyes on me.

"You cold?" He asks.

"I'm fine." I lie.

"Liar, come here," Mason says and holds open his arms.

I look at his arms and look back at his face. I climb over next to him and he pulls me on his lap. I snuggle into his body heat. He wraps his arms around my waist and I feel.. safe. I've never felt like this before. By now I'm not even paying attention to the movie. I look up at him to see if he's watching the movie and he's staring at me. Our eyes meet and I can't leave his eyes. His green eyes trap me in a trance. I feel myself leaning in and I can't help it. We lean into each other and I meet his soft lips. He puts a hand on my cheek. I've been kissed before but not like this. He's gentle and loving. I lean into him more needing to feel closer to him. I somehow find my hand snaking around his neck and tangling my fingers into his soft hair.

"Well well." I hear Lucas say and I pull away. I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Look at these two love birds," Harley says smirking.

I stand up and push them both out of the way. "Shut up, don't be so immature," I say annoyed that they ruined the moment.