Chapter 16

~Mason's POV//

I'm sitting on the bed just checking emails on my phone. Ash is taking a shower right now. God how I wish I could just jump in with her. But I love her and I will wait till she's ready. I hear some crying coming from the shower. I start to worry. I'm trying to decide if I should go in there or not. I've already seen her naked. I'll just go. I walk in and my heart breaks. I see Ash on the floor of the shower with a bloody razor blade in her hand. Blood going down the drain staining the water red. I open the shower door and turn off the water I pick her up in my arms not caring that she's completely naked. I sit her on the side of the tub and get the first aid kit. I first put some alcohol on her thigh cleaning the cuts. She hisses in pain. I then get the bandage and wrap it around her thigh being very gentle. I then pick her up and put one of my shirts over her. I lay her in bed and wrap my arms around her. It pisses me off when she hurts herself. 

"Please stop hurting yourself," I say kissing her neck.

I don't blame the girl, but I think there are way better solutions. After the life she's been through. It's amazing how strong she is. I pull her into my chest and hold her like she'll fly away. I tangle my fingers into her hair and massage her scalp. I finally feel her relax and stop shaking. She finally falls asleep in my arms. I kiss her head and snuggle her. I feel myself dose off.

~Ashley's POV//

When I wake up to the alarm I groan. I don't wanna go to school. I feel the bed shift and then I drift back to sleep. Suddenly my sight changed. I'm outside and Mason is with me. He seems scared...

"Just stay behind me!" Mason says worried.

"What's going on?" I ask.

But he doesn't answer. Like he can't hear me. We're in the woods for some reason. I hear bushes rumbling. Mason holds my wrist tighter. Then a man I don't recognize pops out of the bushes with a gun.

"RUN!" Mason screams.

I take off running in a random direction. After I think I'm far enough I stop and look back to realize Mason wasn't behind me. My heart starts beating faster. And then all of a sudden I hear the worst thing. A gunshot. I scream out Mason's name and I run back. I see him lying on the floor under a puddle of blood. I climb down and look at him. I start crying.

"Mason!" I cry.

"It's okay. I'll be okay." Mason barely can say.

I put my head on his chest and ball my eyes out.

"I can't live without you," I say, and feel my heart break into a million pieces.

I lift my head to look at him again. He's... he's...

All of a sudden I felt shaking and I opened my eyes and realized it was just a dream. My eyes are full of tears and I let go of the bed sheets I was squeezing. I look at Mason and hug him like he's the air I need to breathe.

"It's okay don't worry it was just a dream," Mason whispers sweet nothing.

Finally, I finished getting ready for school. I decided to dress a little more like a bad bitch today. I'm wearing a black leather skirt and a cute tank top with a lot of cleavage. I walk out of the bathroom to see Mason sitting on the couch playing a game on his phone. He looks very tense and concentrated. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck and I feel him relax. He loses and leans his head back to look at me with a genuine smile. I look down at him and smile. This time it's a real smile. And it's from my heart. I decided to take another step and kiss him. It was short and sweet. But so meaningful and enough to take my breath away.

We finally arrive at school and I see my squad. I hug the girls and give Hunter a playful punch. We're getting a lot of stares but honestly, I don't care. I'm just having fun with my friends. Then I see Harley and Lucas walking down the hall. My jaw drops to the floor. I run over and hug her.