Chapter 4

I hope you enjoyed Chapter 3. My chapters are pretty long let me know if you would like them short or long. Also, let me know if you'd like Chapter 5.

"Where am I?" I hear myself say.

"I told you, your bitch self couldn't run away from me!"

My heart stopped. My stepdad. He's back. How did he find me? I felt a blindfold come off my eyes and there he was. I was tied up in a chair and I couldn't move. I was naked. I started to cry.

"Please. Just let me go! I'll do anything. I won't tell. Please let me go! Please!" I beg.

"You little bitch! I thought you were a tough little whore?" He says and slashes me with his knife.

I scream bloody murder and feel the warm liquid run down my arm.

You're my toy. Don't try and run away again!" He screams and then slaps me in the face.

He then rips out a chunk of my hair and slashes me again. I scream and cry for him to stop.

"This is what happens to bad girls who run away!" He says and slaps me again.

He slashes me again on my boob. I scream again and feel the warm blood run down my body.

"You stupid bitch, never learn your lesson." He says and slaps me.

I wake up all sweaty and see Mason and Lucas. It was just a bad dream. I've had this nightmare since last year. I tried to run away and that's what happened. This nightmare has haunted me since.

"Are you ok? You were screaming and begging someone to stop." Lucas says concerned.

"I'm fine. It was just a bad dream." I say and try and shoo them away. "I'm just gonna go back to sleep."

"But you're crying," Lucas says

I wipe away my tears, "No I'm not I'm fine."

"I don't understand you," Lucas says and walks out.

"I'll be in the living room if you need me," Mason says and walks out.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and lay back. I try and fall back asleep for about an hour and I know I'm not going back to sleep. I get out of bed and walk out into the kitchen. I open the fridge. I grab a water and chug it. I feel dehydrated. 

"Can't sleep?"

I jump. I look to see it's only Mason.

"Yeah," I reply.

"What happened to you wasn't an accident, was it?" Mason takes a step toward me.

I look down. "No... How did you know." I ask.

"I can tell, when I look at you, your eyes just tell me. Plus your body language says a lot about you." Mason says.

"Oh. That obvious huh?" I ask.

"Well, I guess I'm just really good at reading people. For some reason though, you're not as easy." Mason says

"Well, I'm not an easy person," I say back

"Look I can tell you've been through a lot, but what you're doing, it's not healthy. You can't always fight. You can't do everything yourself." Mason says putting his hand on mine.

"Look I don't know anything about you but it's the only thing I know. I grew up with no one. Had no one. I had to be a man. I had to do the fighting, for me and my mom. And I'm perfectly fine now." I argue back.

"You just got stabbed by your stepdad and I can tell it wasn't the first time. You call that fine?" He says raising an eyebrow. "Face it you can't fight off everyone and everything. You need someone to be there for you." He says.

I just stood there stunned. I didn't say anything. I didn't have anything else to say. How did he know? I walked back to my room and got in my bed. I fell asleep peacefully.

I wake up to the sun peeking through the blinds. I decide to get up. I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I look in the mirror and cringe. I have smudged mascara and eyeliner and chapped lips. I wash off my makeup. I wash my face and put my hair into a high ponytail since I have nothing else. I don't have my makeup so I'll have to stay in my room. I don't like anyone seeing me without makeup because I have scars and I'm just ugly so end of the story.

I hear a knock at my door, "yes?" I yell.

"Breakfast" I hear Lucas say.

"Not hungry," I yell back.

I hear the door open. I grab a towel and cover my face.

"Get your ass out of here and eat some breakfast," Lucas says sternly.

"I told you I'm not hungry," I say through the towel.

"Why the hell do you have a towel covering your face?" Lucas ask.

"Drying my face." I lie.

"For five minutes, bull shit." He says and pulls the towel off of my face.

I scream and cover my face. "Don't look at me!" I yell.

"Why? What's wrong with your face?" He says concerned.

"I don't have any makeup on. I'm ugly." I start to cry. "Please don't look at me." I cry.

Ever since I was little I've been insecure about myself. My face and my body. I grew up getting scars and marks so that didn't help my self-esteem.

"Are you serious?" He says laughing.

"Yes now get out! Get out before I make you." I say as I cry.

"Okay okay, I'm leaving." He says and leaves.