Chapter 5

Ashley's outfit ^

Sorry about the sad chapter. It gets better though. Will she fall for Mason? Does Mason have a secret? Who knows...

I'm sitting on my bed and I hear a knock at the door.

"Ash it's me." I hear Harley's voice.

"Omg, Harley!" I get up and open the door.

I see her with a big smile on her face and give her a big hug. She's holding her makeup bag, thank god!

"I've missed you so much!" I say pulling her into the room and closing the door behind her.

"Me too. How are you feeling?" She asked sitting on the bed.

"I don't know. Everything is just happening so fast. And you know the guy I was talking about at school. Yeah, I live with him now." I say throwing my hands in the air.

"Oh my fucking god! Mystery boy is Mason?" She screams.

"Shut the fuck up. He could hear you!" I say covering her mouth.

"Well I brought makeup and clothes so let's fix you up." She says standing up and smirking.

"This is why you are my best bitch." I say standing.

Harley and my mom are pretty much the only ones who have seen me without makeup on. I'm very insecure about my face so I cover it up with makeup. Simple as that. 

Harley did my makeup and picked out a cute outfit for me. She knows me so well. I look in the mirror and feel much better.

"You're amazing Harley," I say and hug her.

"I know," Harley says and flips her hair.

"Shut up," I say and playfully punch her.

We get up and walk out of the room. When we walk to the living room, I see the guys on their phones.

"Ready?" Lucas asks.

"Wait where are we going?" I ask confused.

"To go get your stuff of course silly," Harley says.

"Wait, but.. I, how.." I stumble on my words.

"Oh shush now come on," Harley says and drags me.

All four of us get into the car and drive to my house. My throat tightens up, my heart starts beating faster, and I can't breathe. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Only Mason knows. I turn to look at him and he's staring at me.

"Relax, I'll go in with you," Mason whispers.

"No, he'll hurt me. He'll hurt you!" I whisper scream.

"Everything will be okay," Mason says and puts his hand on my thigh. I don't know what it was but I relaxed. He made me feel safe.

We pull up to my house and I start to feel nervous again. Mason gets out of the car and I follow. When I look at the house I freeze. I don't think I can do this.

"Look you stay here I'll go in there and get my stuff and get out as fast as I can. If he's in there I can take him. I got away last time." I say.

"You almost died last time and I told you, you can't always fight your own battles. I'm going in there with you." Mason says sternly.

"Why can't you just let me do this myself?" I argue.

"Because you'll get hurt. I know you can't do this by yourself. Let me just go in there and beat the shit out of this dick." Mason yells.

I don't say anything else. I lift the mat and get the key. I unlock the door and open it slowly. When I open it my heart stops.

I fall to my knees and break down. I don't think I can live anymore. I can't move. My mother sitting there on the couch. Dead. I'm just there on the floor, crying, giving up. All of a sudden I feel angry. I can't believe I put up with his shit for this long. I wipe away my tears and stand up.

"Where are you, you piece of shit," I scream looking around.

I walk into my mom's room and see him.

"Came back for more I see." He says with a bat in his hand.

"Oh, I'm about to show you what I came back for," I say with anger.

Mason runs up behind me.

"Who's this pretty boy?" He laughs.

I suddenly have an idea. "He's my boyfriend," I say and smile. "Every night he touches me and fucks me. I love him. Oh, and his dick is much bigger than yours." I cringe at my words but smirk.

Mason just stands there shocked.

"You little bitch!" He yells and runs at me.

I dodge him and punch him in the stomach with all my might. He falls to the floor and I get on top of him and punch him in the face over and over.

"This... is... for... killing... my... mom..." I say in between punches. "I hope you burn in hell!" I get off him and stand up. I'm trying to catch my breath. My knuckles are all bloody.

I hear Mason yell and I feel pain in my back and fall to the floor. My sight goes hazy. I see Mason run over to him and punch him in the face.

"This is the last time you'll hurt her!" He yells and punches him again.

He tries to throw a punch but Mason catches his hand and breaks his arm. He screams in agony. Then another guy who I recognized came running through the door. It's my stepdad's friend. He has raped me multiple times. I hate him almost as much as my stepdad.

"Mason!" I yell but I'm too late.

He gets on top of Mason and starts throwing punches. He gets a few punches in and then Mason pushes him off and stands up. My stepdad hits Mason in the foot with the baseball bat and Mason screams. Mason takes the bat from him and beats him with it. By now my stepdad's face isn't recognizable. Then my step dads friend jumps on Mason's back and puts him in a chokehold. Mason flips him over and slams him on the floor. He finishes him off with the bat and throws it on the floor. He spits on him. Then Mason comes over to me and picks me up. I cry out, my back still in pain. He carries me bridal style. Limping as he carries me. We walk out to the car, and I hear Harley and Lucas come running to us and Harley screaming.

"Damnit Mason I told you to not get yourself involved back in the mafia," Lucas yells.

"Are you kidding me? I protected her from her fucking mental stepdad and his druggy friend. He's been abusing her, her whole life. That's why she had a fucking knife in her leg. Oh, and he killed her mom. So how about you cut me some slack!" Mason screams back at Lucas.

I feel hot liquid run down my cheeks after hearing about my mom. I don't even care that I'm crying anymore. I just want all the pain to go away.

"Shhh." Mason rubs my hair. "Nobody will hurt you anymore."

That's the last sentence I heard before I blacked out.