Chapter 10

~Ashley's POV//

I woke up in my bed and felt a hole in my stomach. Today I have to go back to hell.

I get up and brush my teeth. I look in the mirror and cringe. I'm so ugly.

I get dressed and go for something simple. Some ripped black skinny jeans, a white sweater, and some fishnets under, paired with my Converse.

I finish doing my makeup and go into the kitchen. I see Harley cooking breakfast.

"You look hot," Harley says.

"And you're cooking..." I question.

"Shut up! I cook." She says.

"Yeah... sure you do.." I laugh.

"Where are the guys?" I ask looking around.

"They're running some errands." She says

"Oh ok." I just say.

We eat breakfast and then drive to school. Harley and I are jamming out in the car. She's pretty much the only one who gets to see my goofy side. She makes me feel good and happy. That's why she's my best friend.

We park and I take a deep breath. I can deal with this. I just have to make it a little bit longer. 

"You ready?" She asked.

"Yeah let's go," I say.

We get out of the car and walk in. Everyone's staring at me. I glare at them and they turn away. Oh, how I love being a bitch. We walk to our lockers and grab our books.

"I don't know if I can do this," I say honestly.

"You'll be okay. Don't worry." She says.

"But I don't have you till third period," I say annoyed.

"Oh shush." She says and walks away.

I start walking to class and wonder where Mason is. I feel someone touch my shoulder and I turn around. I see a guy I don't recognize.

"So you are the amazing Ashley? It's great to meet you." He says with a smirk.

"Excuse me?" I say getting annoyed.

"People talk about you like you are some kind of villain. Like Harley Quinn. Or that's your best friend. I think you'd be poison ivy." He chuckles.

"I don't have time for this." I turn around and leave.

Who the hell does he think he is? Talking to me like he has the right.

I walk into class and still get stares. Then the teacher looks at me.

"Nice to have you back, Ashley." The teacher says sarcastically.

I just roll my eyes and sit in the same seat I always sit in. I keep to myself and get my work done. This class goes by pretty quickly. It's always boring. I walk out and start to walk to my second period. I hear whispers as I walk by. It makes me smirk. People probably making up stupid shit about me again. I will admit it is pretty entertaining to listen to some of the things these bored teens make up. I walk into my second period and look to see that boy sitting in my seat. Are you kidding me right now? I stomp towards him.

"You're in my seat!" I grind my teeth.

"I don't see your name on it." He smirks.

"You better move!" I say.

"Or what?" He smirks even more.

"Or you're gonna get it." I threaten him.

"I'd like to see you try." He laughs.

"I'll rip that smirk right off your face," I say and sit in another seat.

After this class ends I rush to third period to see Harley and the Joker follows me. I walk in and don't see Harley. What the fuck. Joker walks past me and sits in my seat again. He looks at me and snickers. That's it! I walk out of the class and go to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and scream. I punch the mirror and feel a warm liquid run down my arm. I slide down the wall and sit there in silence. Finally, when I've cooled off I go back to class. I ignore the teacher's sarcastic comment and take a seat as far away from him as possible. This class takes forever but it finally ends and I practically run to fourth period. I still haven't seen Mason. Where the hell could he be?

Finally, it's lunch and I walk into the cafeteria. I see Harley sitting alone at the table. I walk over to her and sit down. When I turn to look at her she's crying.

"Omg Har what's wrong?!" I ask and pull her into a hug.

She starts balling her eyes out and hands me her phone. I look at the most recent message. Lucas broke up with her.

"What the hell!" I scream. I get a bunch of looks. "What?!" I scream at them and they turn around and continue eating. "Why? There has to be a reason."

"I don't know. I asked him but he just broke up with me for no reason." She says and starts crying more.

I'm starting to get angry. I clench my fists in anger. I want to punch someone right now.

"Omg, Ash!" She grabs my hand. "What did you do?" She says angry.

"It's nothing I'm fine," I say and pull my hand away.

To make everything worse. Joker decides to walk up to me and sit down.

"Hey Ivy, Harley." He says and winks.

"Go away!" I grind my teeth in anger.

"Why? Don't you want some company?" He asks and smirks. "What about me? We have unfinished business."

"Leave!" I scream.

The whole cafeteria goes quiet.

"Or what?" He says, but this time he seems serious.

"Or I'll bash your face into the concrete!" I threaten.

He grabs my wrist super hard. "Then do it." He says and I feel chills run down my spine. 

My wrist starts to hurt. I didn't realize how strong he was till now. I can't let him know that he's hurting me though. He just keeps squeezing and it starts to really hurt. I bite my tongue to keep from screaming from pain. Then he lets go. A big bruise starts to form around my wrist.

"Exactly!" He spits. "Learn who you're talking to." He threatens and walks away.

I sit back down and turn to Harley and she says nothing. She stands up and walks away. I just sit there alone. I slam my fists on the table and make a loud bang. I walk out of the cafeteria and walk out of the school. I walk down the street and try and cool off. But nothing is working. I walk to the park and sit on the bench. I feel the tears run down my cheeks.

"So she has feelings?" I hear a familiar voice.