Chapter 17

~Mason's POV//

I'm so angry at myself. I just got here and Ash is already getting herself in trouble. It just seems to find her. It's my job to protect her and I'm already failing at that. It just hurts me when she doesn't get upset over this stuff. She just lets it go. The rest of lunch the guys and I went searching for this mother fucker. When we found him I just knew. He was standing alone at his locker. Only a few people were around. I slammed my palm into the back of his head. His head slammed against the lockers and he screamed in pain.

"You think it's okay to put bruises on women?" I spit in his face.

I swipe my leg underneath his feet and he drops to the floor. I kick him in the gut.

"Don't fucking touch my girl. I will fucking kill you." I threaten.

I continue kicking him until the guys are holding me back. I take a breath and compose myself. We walk away.

~Ashley's POV//

The whole rest of lunch the guys were nowhere to be found. I can only imagine what they are up to. I think it hurt me a little bit showing how childish he was being but I know it's because he cares. I wasn't expecting him to get so upset.

I walk to my last period of the day, thank god! It goes by pretty quickly, considering that it's math. I walk out of math and get a text from Mason. He's outside waiting. I texted him back. I just go to the bathroom to touch up my makeup. When I walk out I get pulled back into a wall. I get slammed into the wall. I look to see that it's that guy from earlier. His cheek is cut. He has 2 other guys. I start to get scared I try to make a run for it but they stop me and hold my arms out.

"Told you, you were gonna regret saying that." He says with a smirk on his face.

He starts throwing punches at me one after the other. I try and move but I can't. I try and get through the pain. I feel a tear run down my face. He then throws punches to my face.

"Stop crying you dumb bitch! Your pathetic boyfriend can't protect you now." He screams in my face.

I feel warm liquid run down my face and watch it drop onto the floor. He gives me one last hard punch in the stomach and throws me on the floor. I hold my stomach and roll up into a ball on the floor. I try and get up but then fall again back on the floor. I groan in pain. Where the hell is everyone? Even a teacher could help. All of a sudden I hear Mason's voice.

"Help!" I try and scream out.

I look down. I see my hands covered in my blood. Next thing I know I'm in Mason's arms. He's rushing me into the car.

"I'm gonna fucking kill the guy that did this to you," Mason says with hurt in his voice.

I'm too weak to answer. He lays me down in the back seat. He drives super quick and carefully to the house. He rushes me inside and throws everything off the table. He lays me down on the table and gets the first aid kit.

"This is gonna hurt. You are gonna have to be strong baby." Mason says kissing my forehead.

He puts some alcohol on my stomach and I scream in pain. He then takes some bandages and wraps them around the wound. I squirm trying to be strong from the pain. Then he gets a cotton ball and starts cleaning my face. I bite my lip trying to keep from screaming.

"All done," Mason picks me up and carries me to the bed.

He gets some pain pills from the medicine cabinet and gets me some water. I take them. Mason cleans up my mess and then comes back and covers me up. He kisses my forehead.

"Mason," I say.

"Yes?" Mason looks back at me.

"Please stay with me," I say feeling a tear run down my cheek.