Chapter 3

I hope you enjoyed Chapter 2. Let me know if there's anything I should change in this chapter. Also, let me know if you would like a chapter 4. <3

I'm still limping and I finally make it out of my neighborhood and I see my school. I'm starting to feel lightheaded from losing so much blood. I've been walking for miles, and I think I'm saved. I see Harley and Lucas by his car talking. I try and walk over but I just fall on the ground. I try crawling. I finally make it to the parking lot.

"Help!" I use all my energy to scream out.

My sight starts to go blurry and I lay down on the concrete.

"Omg, Ash!" I hear Harley crying. "What the hell did you get yourself into? Lucas carries her to the car. Come on she can't die on me!" Harley's balling her eyes out.

I could hear a car door close and I could feel myself being rushed into the hospital.

"Don't you dare die on me!" That was the last thing I heard Harley say.

I wake up to a pain in my thigh and beeping noises.

"Omg Ash I thought I lost you!" Harley said and cried on my shoulder.

I just think I should've died. I hate my life so much. I would've been free. Happy. Why did I live? I don't deserve to live. I feel tears run down my cheeks and I violently wipe them away. I've never cried in front of her.

"It's okay now. You can cry. I'm here. Let go." Harley says and I break.

I cry. I let out everything. My feelings. My lies. My breaking self. I've never felt so free.

About an hour later...

"So when can I leave?" I ask

"Later today. You just have to stay for a few hours and get your strength up. I asked my mom but we have no room for you to stay with me. Lucas says you can stay with him though." Harley says squeezing my hand.

"Where is Lucas?" I ask looking around.

"He's talking to his brother, they are sharing the apartment. He just moved in with him." She says.

"I didn't know he had a brother," I say confused.

"Neither did I," Harley says clearly angry he didn't tell her. "He's on his way though. He had to set up things with his brother."

"Okay." That is all I could get out.

Once Lucas got here they checked me out and Lucas was driving me to his apartment.

"So how did this happen anyway? And don't try and lie." Lucas ask.

"Look I'll tell you but right now I don't want to talk about it," I say truthfully.

"Fair enough." He says.

When we pull up I feel kinda awkward because I'm still wearing the bloody clothes I came in. I didn't have anything else to change into so this is what I'm stuck with.

"Stay here I'll get my brother to help," Lucas says and gets out of the car.

I see Lucas disappear. I don't need help. I can do it myself. So I open the car door. I get up and stand on one leg. I try and walk to the trunk and I fall. I land on my bad leg and mentally facepalm. I just lay there in pain.

"What the hell?" I see Lucas run over to me. "I told you to wait!" He yells at me.

"I can do it myself, there was just a rock I tripped on," I say annoyed.

"Whatever," Lucas says helping me up. "Mason, can you bring Ashley inside while I get her stuff?"

"Sure," Mason says.

I look to see him. No fucking way! It's him! The mystery guy walks over and picks me up bridal style.

"Be careful she's fragile," Lucas says playfully.

"Am not!" I turn around and yell back. I start to fall and get scared so I wrap my arms around his neck and I feel his grip tighten.

"I gotcha." He says caring.

I stare at him, I still can't figure him out. What's his deal?

He carries me into the apartment and a bedroom. He sits me down on the bed.

"This is where you'll stay." He says

I nod my head and feel awkward still being half-naked. I feel his eyes linger.

"Oh." He says and goes to a dresser. He pulls out a tee and some basketball shorts. "Here you can wear this till we get your stuff. Oh, and you can shower if you want to. I bought some stuff for you, I hope it's alright."

I still can't get any words out so I just take the clothes and nod. He laughs and walks out of the room. I sigh. What is wrong with me?

I walk into the bathroom and see a whole bunch of stuff and smile. I grab the shampoo, and conditioner and hop in the shower. I take a hot shower and try and wash off the dry blood but it hurts too much. I wash my hair and get out. I dry myself and put on lotion. I just brush my hair and leave it wet. I put on the clothes he gave me and giggled. I can't keep the shorts up though so I just take them off and wear the shirt. It goes to mid-thigh length so it's fine.

I walk out of the room and walk into the living room. I see Mason sitting on the couch on his phone. I sit down on the couch next to him.

"You feel better?" He asks.

I nod and pull my knees to my chest.

"Are you ok? What happened anyway? If you don't mind me asking." He said

"I don't want to talk about it," I say looking down.

"You're bleeding." He says concerned.

"I'm fine, it's just from when I fell," I say.

Mason doesn't listen. He picks me up again and lays me down on the table.

"It's ok I have experience." He says and starts unwrapping my bandage. He takes some alcohol and dabs it on with a cotton ball.

"Ow," I say grinding my teeth.

"Sorry, I'm almost done." He says

He then gets a new bandage and wraps it around my thigh. I freeze feeling his hands on my thigh. He's so gentle. I've never felt this way before. He catches me staring and we make eye contact.

"All done." He whispers.

"Thanks," I whisper back not leaving his eyes.

"Well let me know if you need anything." He says and lifts me off the counter.

He walks away and goes into a room. I stood there stunned. What the fuck just happened. I walk back to my room and lie down. For now, I'm going to sleep.