Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

It was lunchtime.

I didn’t know whether I should enter into the canteen and take a seat with my friends or go and sit with Drake. I never thought I would be in this situation. I mean seriously, no one sits with Drake apart from his other friends of course- his very big and intimidating friends at that.

Walking inside the canteen, I brought a sandwich and decided to sit with my group. I didn’t want to look like an idiot turning up at his table. Maybe he just meant that we’d see each other, give an acknowledging nod and that’s it. I was just being silly, thinking that he actually wanted to publicly be seen around me, in front of the whole student body.

Yeah right. 

I took a seat and said my hellos to everyone. They were talking animatedly about some kid falling flat on his face in the hallway that I obviously missed but I just wasn’t into it. I couldn't find it in me to laugh and even as I cracked a smile, it just felt...wrong. I was trying to act interested in what they said to keep myself distracted from looking around to see if a certain guy was at his table yet. 

They started laughing hard at something I must have missed but it quickly died down as their smiley faces turned into frowns. They all sat opposite me. I watched as they all looked over my shoulder. I didn’t have a chance to ask what had happened when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I frowned before turning around in my seat. My lips parted in surprise when my eyes landed on Drake standing tall and broad right in front of me. His arms were crossed across his chest making his muscles bulge. My lunch wasn't half as yummy as he was looking right now. 

Did I just say yummy? There’s something seriously wrong with me. 

“Thought you were going to have lunch with me Addams,” he raised an eyebrow, not acknowledging all the stares we were now getting. Now believe it or not, my heart happened to speed up and if I was eating something at this very moment, I would have choked.

He was bloody serious about this and as I looked at my friends to see they were looking at me with wide eyes, disbelief clear on their faces, I knew I wasn't just daydreaming. No need for pinching my skin and hurting myself. I don't think I need anymore pain in life. 

“I am, I was just about to come over but I thought I’d say hey to these guys,” I justified, pointing to my friends as they continued to stare at me with saucer-sized eyes and I swear I could see a little drool come from Jessie as she stared up at Drake.

I was such a liar sometimes.

“Come on then,” he encouraged with a smirk. I just knew he saw straight through my lie but I was still impressed with myself. I hadn't stuttered or even blushed. This is what people should call improvement. 

I got up from my seat, grabbed my sandwich and gave my friends a little wave over my shoulder. They were staring at me as if I was some mentally insane person who was walking with the devil or something, just waiting for a death wish. What if he tried to hurt me? Why do these things happen to me for?

“Are we sitting with your friends?” I asked acting disinterested, not showing that inside I was totally freaking out. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, noticing how muscular he was. I quickly adverted my gaze when I started to think how hot I found that. 

“Yeah...are you scared?” he asked, that smirk was sure to be on his face. I could just feel it and when I turned to see his lips stretched into that signature, I rolled my eyes.