Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

My nose twitched and my brows furrowed into a confused frown. I snuggled further into my pillow not wanting to wake up just yet. Then I felt it once more, which made me groan a little. Then I felt the poke on my cheek again but this time it continued relentlessly, making me come to the conclusion that I was not just imagining it.

I snapped my eyes open. I could feel my annoyance at whoever was making me get up before I wanted to. As I was just about to open my mouth and give them a piece of my mind- nothing came out, instead my eyes widened in surprise.

My head, lying on the pillow looked at eye level with a little girl who looked to be five years of age- the same as Tommy. She had long, soft blonde hair cascading down her back with a few curls framing her angelic face. Her big, bright green eyes were the exact shade of Drakes and I smiled when I saw the little teddy she had in her small arms.

“Hi,” I whispered with a small smile, not wanting to wake Drake up because I kind of liked the way his arm was wrapped around my waist and the way his slow breath fanned on the back of my neck.

“I can’t talk to strangers,” she frowned; her sweet voice spoke, showing the cute little lisp she had.

“Oh,” I looked down sadly.

She nodded.

“Wait. You already spoke to me!” I gasped quietly, widening my eyes for effect.

She raised her little hand quickly, covering it over her mouth while her other hand was preoccupied with holding her teddy. She stared back at me with wide eyes like she had done something very terrible.

I had to stifle a giggle at how adorable she was.

She shook her head as if telling me she didn’t speak. I cheekily grinned, “Uh oh, you’ve already talked to me so we’re not strangers anymore.”

She tilted her head to the side, confused, letting her hand drop to her side and questioned, “We’re not?”

“Nope we’re not so… now you can talk to me,” I smiled.

“Really?” she instantly brightened up.

I nodded my head, the smile still etched on my face at this cute little girl.

“Okay but...” she started, frowning lightly, “Who are you?”

 “I’m Rose and what’s your name?” I asked nicely.

“My names Annabelle but everyone calls me Ana so you can call me Ana too,” she said in that adorable lisp.

“Well that is such a lovely name Ana,” I smiled.

“I like your name too,” she grinned, showing off her small little teeth.

That is until she frowned again.

“What are you doing in bed with Dee?” she asked confused. I suddenly felt a soft blush rise to my cheeks at the way she worded the simple question.

“I... was um sleeping?” I internally slapped myself for making it sound like a question.

Why was I so nervous in front of this little girl?

She nodded her head understandingly and I smiled at how endearing she was with her slightly chubby cheeks and maturity.

“I need to go,” she suddenly sulked.