Chapter Thirty Two

HEEEEEEEY MY LOVELY READER'S!

I hope you guys are all good. It's two in the morning and I just finished wriitng this chapter. I'm absoloutely exhausted and so I couldn't be bothered to edit my work. Sorry for any mistakes. 

Enjoy...

Chapter Thirty Two

“And did you hear what Mrs Honey said about me being the best in the class Rosie?” Tommy asked once again. We had just got back from the ‘parents day’ held at his nursery. It was only about twenty minutes long and of course I had gotten strange looks from parents but I was now Tommy’s guardian. It’s a good thing I don’t care what anyone else thinks.

“Yes I did Tommy, I was right next you remember?” I smiled as he continued to ramble on about the teacher and his friends. It made me so content to see him so happy. I could listen to him go on and on as long as he had that smile blessing his face.

“And did you see Belle? She looked pretty,” he blushed lightly and I squealed out loud making him go even redder. Anna and Cathy were both there at the nursery and it was lovely to see them again. Cathy gave me the biggest hug of my life, also scolding me for not visiting her recently. I did promise to come down very soon though. I needed one of those triple chocolate cakes at MJ’s Coffee House.

“Aw Tommy! You are just the cutest little brother ever!” I grinned, reaching with my free hand to pinch his cheek that was still brightly glowing red from the back of the truck. Good thing we were stopped at the traffic light, otherwise I’m sure I’d have the vehicle swerving to the other lane.

“You’re so embarrassing Rosie,” he grumbled at me before turning to look out the window.

“Oh come on! I cant help it okay? It’s just so cute!” I exclaimed before gushing over the two little lovebirds. He just sat at the back with his action figure toy in his hands, every once in a while giggling at my antics.

“Okay fine! But what about Drake?” he asked, changing the subject so that now I was in the spotlight.

“What about him?” I asked but I couldn’t deny the smile that pulled at my lips from just hearing his name. That feeling at the pit of my tummy was never going to leave.

“Is he coming today?” he asked excitedly. I looked through the mirror to see him genuinely happy about the idea. My heart drummed against my ribcage in a heavy rhythm, tears sprung to my eyes and I swallowed hard to get rid of the lump. Knowing that life was starting to get better scared me. I didn’t want anything to come and take this all away, I didn’t want fate to play games with me. Now that I knew what it was like to have a touch of happiness, I couldn’t bare the thought off going back to my cold shell.

“Not today Tommy. But tell you what, tomorrow is Saturday so we’ll spend the day together with all the boys, how does that sound?” I asked with a smile.

“Really?” his bright blue eyes lit up. They shined and all the doubts of Tommy not liking any one of my guys, vanished into thin air.

“Really,” I nodded and that’s when we finally reached home. Tommy grabbed his bag and gave me a big kiss on the cheek before making me promise that I’ll come for him tomorrow. It broke my heart to not have him live with me yet but I was still working on the papers to be his legal guardian.

I dropped him at Nana’s, before walking across to my house. I was dressed in black, tight jeans and a white tank top complimented with a leather jacket. My boots clicked against the ground and as I opened the door and walked into the living room, I halted to a sudden stop.