Chapter Twenty One

I'm not overly satisfied with this chapter but as promised, here it is :)

Make sure to follow me :D

Enjoy...

 Chapter Twenty-One

I jumped in surprise as all the guys barged in through the door Drake had opened. Tristan and Grant were pushing each other aside the frame, both struggling to get in first. I smiled slightly when Dean pulled both of them back from the collar before walking in smoothly, while they scowled at his back.

Once they were all inside the room, I realised they hadn’t noticed me until I coughed slightly. That was my clichéd attempt at making my presence known.

They all snapped their heads in my direction, wide eyed. They stared at me cautiously, slightly unsure like they were trying not to scare away a wounded puppy. I frowned until I realised that the last time I saw them was in the alleyway, shooting a bullet through a mans head, followed by me running off with an emotional speech about family.

How awkward.

“Rose...” Kai started but I raised my hand, suddenly cutting him off.

I internally gave an evil smile; I think I might have some fun with this. So I put on my award winning disappointed look, shaking my head softly as if I was too hurt to talk.

But then their eyes filled with so much desolation, I nearly faltered in my act.

I walked towards the sofa and sat down but not before seeing the frown on Drake’s face too.

I can’t believe he was buying this too.

“Rose we-“

“I don’t want to hear anything from you all,” I spoke in a tone emptier than I intended. Only then did I realize that I was still hurt, of course I was. But I also knew I’d forgiven them too.

The boys got closer towards the sofa. Then they each got down on their knees, looking up at me from the floor. I wanted to giggle at how ridiculously cute they looked.

I blinked.

Cute?

I think I was jumbling up my literary vocabulary. Who on earth uses the word cute to describe a group of gang members?

“Rose, please hear us out,” Dean spoke up for the rest of the guys.

His dark eyes caught my attention as I remembered our first meeting. The way he treated me with so much animosity and then I gradually gained his trust and now here he was pleading for me to listen.

There must have been something in my expression that gave him confidence to continue to talk, “What you saw that day, we didn’t want you to find out like that. I know there are no words to make what we did acceptable but Rose, we honestly had no choice.”

They all looked at me, begging me to understand.

I did understand, and I wished I didn’t but I did.

Everyone has a story for doing something and there was always a reason.

“We’re so sorry you had to see that Rose,” Kai said.

“We were going to tell you,” Troy added.

“It was just us continually arguing about the right time,” Dylan explained.

I found myself focusing on their features. If you looked properly, you’d be amazed how much emotion you can decipher just from looks. When someone was honest and full of regret, it was clear and you wouldn’t be able to question it. Just seeing these boys made me appreciate sincerity. It was rare, and though the circumstances were twisted, I felt a swell of happiness.