1

1577, Norway An old woman woke up and rubbed her head as she sat up

                                  1577, Norway

An old woman woke up and rubbed her head as she sat up. Her hair that used to be blonde, slowly started to change in a grey shade, giving the old lady goosebumps. It was winter, the coldest time of the year where the temperatures peaked as low as -21 degrees. The nights rested longer than the days and the sun wasn't often to be seen. The woman sighed and closed her eyes again but she opened them quickly when she heard the noise a second time. She took care of the children in an orphanage, which only allowed her a small bedroom. From the third floor, where she slept, the knocks usually weren't to be heard but this time, they sounded as loud as a storm. Tired the woman stood up to grab a big coat, then she made her way downstairs. Unfortunately the orphanage was a cold place but in this special night, it seemed colder than normally.

The woman gave a yawn, then she opened the big front door after walking down the stairs. "Hello?", she asked confused, not seeing anyone on the other side. Her gaze wandered down and her eyes widened, caused by the little baby that laid on the snow covered floor. "Look at you", she mumbled with a small smile before picking up the child, who's eyes showed a bright blue. The baby looked behind her, as if it was searching for the person who left it in front of the big building, but no one was to be seen.

 "Go ahead, tell him

"Go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this", the raven haired man said with a sarcastic smile on his beautiful face. He was really handsome with his big, blue puppy eyes. His gaze laid on the blonde in front of him that sat on his couch, a glass of whiskey in her hand. "I saw Katherine today", she muttered, still a little bit shocked. The girl was the daughter of town's sherif, a cute blue eyed teenager. She was called Caroline Forbes and turned into a vampire by the girl she just mentioned.

"Where?", the other brother asked interested. He was the younger one of the Salvatores, green eyes and dark blonde hair. "At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and quasi-stalk Matt", Caroline continued, hardly admitting to see her ex boyfriend. Memories flashed through her mind as she remembered the scene at the Grill, the only bar in Mysticfalls, where she saw Katherine Pierce. "Skip the teen drama and get to it", Damon, the older brother, cut her off, earning a glare from the blonde.