2

1583, Norway

                                 1583, Norway

12 little girls sat on a small, grey couch. It was one of the coldest winters since a long time and the blankets ran out. The orphanage drowned in chaos, only yesterday they lost a child that froze to death. The atmosphere was tensed but the children had nothing to do with the dead girl. The rules were strict, friendship was rare. Only one of them didn't feel cold, she liked the temperatures but she was still one of the most silent kids. Since the day she laid in front of the door, she didn't talk much, which didn't change anything on the attention she got. Her bright eyes caught everyone's looks, her hair was completely black.

"Jarla Solheim." She jerked when she heard her name. Slowly she put her hand up, earning a nod from one of the old women. They were checking if everyone was in the room, just like every day. Jarla hated the place, even though she never saw something else. The daily routine never changed, the girls had to wake up early to clean the house, then they all had to take a bath. The first child was always the lucky one, the others had to use the dirty water that was left.

After that they were eating together, only one meal a day. Often the food ran out, some days they had nothing. Jarla never met her parents but she knew that she hated them with passion.

Later the women sent the children up to their beds but the six years old Jarla couldn't sleep. She knew everyone else did so she made her way downstairs, making sure no one could hear her. Slowly she opened the front door and walked outside. The girl smiled when she saw the snow that covered the whole ground, it was something she hadn't done in a long time. The raven haired sat down and touched the snow, a small chuckle escaped her lips.

The little child turned around to check if anyone saw her but turned back to the snow on the ground, that felt really soft and comfortable in her small hands. She let out a laugh when the snow in her hand changed into many little snowflakes. Quickly she looked at her other hand, where the exact same thing happened.

The girl's eyes widened as she noticed how one of her strands of hair changed from black into a shimmering silver.