10

1613, Denmark

1613, Denmark

Jarla Solheim reached her main goal years ago. Finally she wouldn't grow old. There was no reason to fear death anymore since he'd only visit her when she was killed. But there was no member from the coven left that could take revenge, so staying alive shouldn't be that hard. Although the witch reached everything she wanted, there was a big hole in her heart. Since nearly twenty years now, it shouted one name, searched for one man. Elijah Mikaelson.

Anyway the silver haired didn't try to find him, after all he left her. He probably didn't want to see her and the thought hurt the Solheim badly.

That's why she stayed in the Nordic countries, helping her magic to grow and herself to learn to control it better. Also she liked the cold temperatures. Right now she wore a long, hooded coat, to stay unnoticed while she sat on a white horse, which walked slowly through the woods.
Jarla had to stop when a man stood on the way, that smirked at the girl. "What a lovely day", he spoke up, which leaded the girl to look down at him. "Can I help you?", she asked without being rude. Yet she wanted to continue her way.

The stranger widened his grin. He had blonde hair and blue eyes, in general he was really handsome. And he reminded the witch of someone she knew. Quickly she pushed her thoughts away and focused on the blonde. "I assume you are Jarla. Jarla Solheim", the man said while he looked up and down at the silver haired. "Who wants to know?", she replied suspicious. A chuckle left the stranger's mouth as he took a step forward to pet the horse.

"I like horses. They are loyal. Do you like horses, love?", the blonde distracted. "I have to leave now", Jarla answered but the man stopped her with two simple words. "Elijah Mikaelson", he said loudly, making the girl's eyes widen. She faced the man again with furrowed eyebrows, ignoring her fast heartbeat. "I forgot to introduce myself, love. My name is Niklaus Mikaelson. But you can call me Klaus." Klaus sent a seductive wink to the girl in front of him, who slowly started to get goosebumps. He was Niklaus, the man Elijah told her so many stories about. "Elijah hates me", she informed the Mikaelson, no matter how much it hurt to say it.

"Oh I'm sure he doesn't." Somehow threatening he took a step closer, his cold eyes on the silver haired. "Listen, love, I'm searching for a woman. Katerina Petrova." Jarla nodded. She knew about the Petrova thanks to the older Mikaelson who filled her in. "And my beloved brother helps me. But the last years he was distracted. I gave him time. I really did, but now it gets on my nerves. I assume you understand", the blonde added, so the silver haired nodded again. She was convinced that the man came to kill her. Otherwise he wouldn't be there. "I can hear your heartbeat. You're scared", Klaus commented amused. "I don't want to die." A slightly laugh escaped the vampire's mouth. "And I won't kill you. I just want to ask you nicely to talk to my brother."