9

1596, Norway

1596, Norway

"They are all dead", Elijah mumbled shocked. He didn't know what to say and he didn't know what to feel, but he closed his eyes disappointed when he kneed down next to one of the dead bodies, a female one that took its last breath at the age of fourteen. The original shivered before he stood up to face the only survivor in front of him. "Where's your regret, Jarla? How could you actually do this?", he muttered, a sad expression on his face. The 80 witches lost their lives to one of them. It was a horror scenario.

"You was glad when I told you!", the silver haired yelled hurt. She didn't understand his reaction, she didn't understand why he was mad at her, after all she wouldn't die on cause of age now. "You didn't tell me about the lives it would cost", the vampire defended himself. The sweet and lonely child seemed to have fought her demons.

"They never helped me! I killed even more people because they didn't help me, Elijah! I had no clue about my magic, one of them gave me away. I nearly died. How can you protect them like that?" Tears built up in the girl's bright eyes, so the Mikaelson stepped closer. There was so much pity inside of him. And so much regret that he didn't stop her.
But there was also some happiness, because he didn't had to see her die now. It was a happiness he quickly pushed away.
"There where children with them", he whispered while he laid his arms around the smaller one that cried badly. "Please don't leave me, Lijah."

Elijah pulled her closer and laid his head on Jarla's. "I think it's time for me to leave Norway now", he spoke, so the Solheim let out a whimper. "I'll come with you", she muttered under her breath. "No. You have to stay here."

Softly the original kissed the silver haired's hairline. He tried to push her loud cries away. "We have to go separate ways now." No matter how much it hurt him, the man made a decision. "No. Elijah!" Jarla punched against his chest with her small hands but the vampire didn't let go of her and continued to press her against his chest. "Please don't leave me", she whimpered again, her vision was blurred by the many tears. The Mikaelson sighed sadly and kissed her hairline again while a single tear rolled down his face. "Goodbye, Jarla Solheim."

Then he sped away. "Elijah?", The witch turned around to search for the man but she couldn't find anyone. A loud cry escaped her mouth as she continued to turn as if she was lost, but there was no one. "Elijah!", she shouted and sank down to her knees. Her heart hurt badly, her face blushed from the many tears that still ran down her cheeks. "Don't leave me", she whispered again although there was no one who could hear her.

Elijah was gone. Jarla was alone. Just like always.
And for the first time in her life, the girl felt cold.