11

2001, Chicago

2001, Chicago

"Hand it back to me!", Jarla yelled, trying to reach the remote control. "In your dreams", the dirty blonde replied smirking, earning a kick against his shoulder. "Ouch", he faked a pout but continued his staring at the TV, leading the silver haired to groan annoyed. She spent a lot of time with the man next to her, they became good friends since they met each other 400 years ago.

"Niklaus!", the witch shouted and kicked him a second time, but the original just laughed. He helped the girl, he truly did. After forcing her to talk to Elijah, back in the 16th century, the two could get along again. But somehow Jarla managed it to disappoint the older Mikaelson again, which was nearly five years ago by now.

"I'll leave town tomorrow. Coming with me?", the Sawyer asked smiling. She always felt deeply alone when she wasn't with Elijah, but Klaus' presence made it a little bit better. "I'm staying for a while, sorry love." The girl was sure he'd normally add something about his brother, but the two had a fight many years ago after Klaus daggered every member of their family, even Rebekah who was actually a friend of Jarla. "Thanks to this century we'll surely stay in contact."

"What can I do for you Damon, Jarla?", Elijah asked amused, his eyes on the silver haired who bit her lip nervously

"What can I do for you Damon, Jarla?", Elijah asked amused, his eyes on the silver haired who bit her lip nervously. She wasn't prepared for this talk since she knew how Damon was. "I was hoping we could have a word", the Salvatore replied. "Where's Elena?", The original asked with a serious expression. He wanted to know the doppelganger safe. "Safe with Stefan", the raven haired informed. "They're laying low. You probably remember the werewolf problem", both vampires looked at the witch, who crossed her arms. "What?", she spoke up, earning a small chuckle from Elijah and a wink from Damon. "Well, to my confusion why you're here", the younger vampire started and the Sawyer knew it wouldn't end well.

"I can't safe your ass, Day", Jarla reminded her friend. She already explained her original problem. Too fast instincts. The older vampire smiled at the girl, then he watched the raven haired again. "Why don't you just stay focused on keeping Elena safe and leave the rest to me?", he asked smiling before he was ready to leave the room, but Damon stopped him by speeding in front of him and blocking his way. "Not good enough", he muttered, so the witch took a step forward. "Damon", she warned again but she was too late, because Elijah grabbed the other man's neck to press him against the next wall.