Chapter 1 -- Obviously not for breakfast

I wake up to what smells like a boys' locker room on game night. It's an overwhelming stench, one that makes my eyes water. My eyes barely adjust to the dim lighting. As I sit up, I feel tension in my back. Am I sleeping on a floor? Where am I?

Loud cheers erupt from the far side of the room. Something about the other guys paying up catches my attention. Several mumbles ring out as I quickly piece together there are only a few men in this area. Maybe it isn't just a room, considering there has to be at least 10 manly voices speaking over each other. If they're in one room, and I can't see them but I can hear them, where does that put me?

A glowing green light is emitted from my wrists. Whoa, that's new. I try to pull my hands away from each other when I realize the green light is binding them together. I let out a yelp in pain as the green metal burns me. The voices become quiet.

"She's awake." One of them murmurs, and suddenly all of their feet start to move. Oh crap, what do I do? Play dead? How do I turn off the glowing light?

Faces appear in front of me in mere seconds as I've begun to pace the floor. They shine flashlights in my eyes, temporarily blinding me, but at least I can see their faces. I let out a gasp because when you're trapped, you're not exactly thrilled to find villains on the other side of the cell.

Cell. The bars make it evident now that I'm locked away in a jail cell. This isn't the state's prison, though, I can tell you that much.

"Guys, look at her. She's like a deer in headlights." One of the masked villains speaks up. I wish they would turn on some more lights so I could see their faces better.

"Aww, she's speechless!" Another one says. Oh, think, Della, think! Say something!

"Let's quit poking fun at her. Owen will take care of that on his own."

My mouth finally opens to speak up for myself, "Who's Owen?" He's probably the guy who brought me here.

The crew of supers walks away from the bars, leaving me confused and dazed. It crosses my mind that I could beat on the bars and demand answers. However my wrists still sting from the shock.

What are these things, anyways? Handcuffs? What kind of handcuffs glow and tase their victim? Maybe if I slam them against the metal bars I can break them off my wrists. But I don't know how that would help me get out.

Footsteps begin to creak down a set of stairs. Panic rises through my entire body. This is madness. How did I even end up here? I was almost asleep last I remember. How was my window opened from the outside?

"Hey! Look who decided to wake up! Good morning, sunshine!" The guys call out, I assume addressing the person walking down the steps.

"Did Rapid Glare ever wake up?" A new voice asks. I guess it would make sense that it's the guy who just came down the stairs. The voice is not as deep as the others.

"Yeah. She probably wants some breakfast." I hear the slap of a ping pong ball.

A sigh comes from my captor, "Don't we all." Footsteps make their way closer to my cell and my heart pounds out of my chest.

His hand suddenly grips onto one of the bars. I'm startled to the point I almost fall on my back. I still can't see his face, which makes me curious how the other guys are able to identify each other.

"Good morning, Rapid Glare. How did you sleep?" He asks casually.

Somehow I've found the courage to become a bit saltier with this guy than the others. "Just dandy, Mr. Sunshine."