Bonus Chapter 1 -- Don't go drooling now

Della's POV
Sophomore year of college

"I'm going to take you some place special for our three year anniversary." Jonas says out of the blue across the room.

While I'm at the computer monitors in what used to be Mason's workout area, Jonas is organizing some paperwork on the far side of the room. Mason and Ash are on night watch in the streets.

"Three years. Wow. Where has the time gone?" I comment in astonishment, still staring at the screens.

Jonas chuckles, "Beats me. Anyways, are you up for a fancy dinner? I could pick you up around seven."

I nod my head, "Yeah, I'll dig up something fancy for the occasion." I spin around in my desk chair to see him staring at me with a goofy grin on his face.

"What?" I laugh.

He sits on the wooden table, placing his hands beside him. "Nothing, I just can't believe I've already spent three amazing years with you."

I rest my hands on my stomach, "I can't believe you've dealt with me for this long. I'm a handful."

Jonas laughs and walks over to me. He plants a kiss on top of my head.  "Nothing I can't handle."

A slight smile comes to my face, only to be interrupted by Mason's voice in our ear piece. "Della, you got anything on Guilford Avenue? I just heard something odd."

I sigh, as does Jonas. I swivel my chair around to look at Guilford Avenue a little more carefully. My eyes close once I've spotted the culprit causing the noise.

"Mason, it's a cat behind a dumpster. Keep moving."

You could say Mason is a little too eager to pounce on some late night crime. It's only 11 p.m., the crime hasn't even had time to begin.

"I should get back to my paperwork, huh?" Jonas teases as he leans over me, his hands placed on both arm rests.

I smirk, "I suppose we can sneak a quick kiss before my brother attacks another cat." I peck Jonas' lips and he returns back to his desk.

I'll admit, I never expected to lose my powers and Ash take my place. I never imagined I'd be behind a computer, monitoring a million tiny screens at once. Who ever thought Jonas would be by my side, even here, when he could be out there with Ash and Mason?

I smile to myself as I realize just how amazing Jonas is. I've always known, but it's so obvious to me now, in this moment. In these past three years, he's never left my side in the worst of times. I don't deserve Jonas, and I hope he knows it. I also hope he knows how much I love him.

"Just promise me tomorrow's not a double date with my dweeb of a brother." I turn around again after double checking the screens.

Jonas laughs across the room. "Tomorrow is our night, Del. I promise."

***

Jonas should have given me a week's notice because I have nothing fancy to wear apparently. I am currently wearing a burgundy off-the-shoulder dress that, of course, belongs to Ash. Yes, there are matching shoes, this is Ash we're talking about.

She mocked me when she placed the outfit in my arms. "What would you do if we weren't the same size?"

I shrug, "I really think God intended it to be this way." Ash has come to my rescue in times of fashion crisis so many times that it has to be destiny that we can wear each others clothes.

"He's here!" Ash squeals as we watch his truck pull into the driveway. She fluffs my curled hair while spraying some hairspray. Then she's pushing me down the steps and out the door to meet Jonas. What's her deal?