Chapter 31 -- Mercy, remember?

A/N
Hey guys, sorry it's been a while, I've been traveling a lot. I know I said I would post the next 2 chapters together, but I feel like it's been forever since I updated. Just know that you're probably not going to like me by the end of this chapter. Just keep reading, okay? I hope to post the next chapter really soon.

~~~

Drake cups his hands around his head as he writhes on the floor in pain.

I turn to face Jonas, "A tad dramatic, don't you think?"

He shrugs, "Personally, I'm quite a fan of this." Sophia nods in agreement.

I'll roll with it because, honestly, I'm enjoying this too.

"Okay Drake," I begin with the questions. "Why did you rescue me if you weren't on my side?"

Drake doesn't miss a beat, "Owen told me to convince you that Perception was Jonas. Guess it didn't work." Jonas lurches forward, but Sophia restricts him.

"Did he kiss you?! I'm going to kill him!" I shake my head, trying to calm Jonas. He's all worked up now. I'm not going to lie, I love how protective he is. Pummel Drake all you want, you have my blessing.

Drake winces, "You guessed that it was Owen and I knew I had to step up my game."

Jonas breaks free from Sophia's arms and grabs Drake by the collar. He looks up at me. "Did Owen kiss you?" His jaw clenches, waiting for my response.

I gulp, aware of everyone's eyes on me. I didn't want to kiss him. He forced himself on me. "Yes."

Maybe Jonas took a brief moment out of giving Drake a migraine to read my thoughts, because Jonas doesn't get upset with me. He drops Drake's collar and pushes him back to the floor roughly. Jonas begins to walk towards the front door. Sophia and I glance at each other, puzzled.

"Jonas, where are you going?" I speak up as Drake starts to pick himself up off of the floor. I brace myself for a fight.

Jonas balls his hands into fists as he turns around. "To kill Owen."

I scratch my head, not knowing how to deal with the sudden burst of anger coming from Jonas. "Okay, but... we're not done here yet." Jonas' shoulders drop and he dramatically sighs.

"Drake, where is Steel Hawk's home?" The boy who was struggling to get up collapses on the floor again. I've never been more proud of Jonas.

"Not... Telling!" He spits out, trying to stay strong. His struggle is pathetic. Jonas squints a little, making the headache worse, and Drake spills the beans. "A block away from the hotel."

"And how long have the Ravens been out?" Sophia asks next.

Drake smirks, and I wince. Whatever his answer is, I'm scared of what's to follow. Plans are already in motion by the way his lip turns up in the slightest.

"Long enough to reunite with Steel Hawk."

"What's Steel Hawk's plan? World domination?" I laugh as I roll my eyes.

Drake's mouth is against the floor, so it's hard for us to hear him through his mumbles. "To break Titania, to take away the town's hope," He peels his face off of the floor, a devilish smile playing on his lips, "To drain all superheroes of their powers."

My breath hitches in my throat. "I've heard enough. Sophia, knock him out." I stare into Drake's soulless eyes.

"But-"

I'm afraid with every passing second, Steel Hawk is closer to completing his wish. "Drake, tell me Steel Hawk's address right now or-"

"Or what? You don't have any powers anymore. You faint everytime you run. It's time to call it quits, Della."