Chapter 20 -- Of course she's a villain

Thomas and Mickey stare at me, their faces showing how confused they are. I hope they won't recognize me.

"Who are you?" Thomas is the first one to speak. Thank goodness neither of them can read minds to find out who I am.

"The name's Orage." I lean against the gray cement wall across from their cells.

Mickey smirks, "French for thunderstorm. Very nice." I guess that means his power of being a know-it-all hasn't been tamed yet. I wonder if these cells have power disablers built in.

"It's nice to see you again, Della." Mickey interjects before I can say anything else. I try to keep my face as expressionless as possible, but the fact that he has already found out my identity under this new suit has me worried for the rest of this conversation. Relax, Della, relax.

"Who's Della?" I deadpan. I find myself putting my left foot against the wall behind me. I have to play this villain card right. It's the one useful thing Drake has taught me.

Mickey rolls his eyes while Thomas smirks. I try not to let any of my fear show. How did I slip up?

"You know, the girl who goes by Rapid Glare? About your height, about your age? Has recently developed weather powers...?" He draws out that last sentence with a skeptical look.

I let out a short laugh at the statement he made. Of course he would know about my new powers, he gave them to me. Now how do I play this off?

"Oh yeah, the goodie-two-shoes that always accidentally saves the day," I bring my hand up to examine my nails, hoping to seem more relaxed about the situation. "I don't know how she got those powers, but I'm certain I had them first."

Thomas shrugs, "We gave the power to her." I blink, not expecting them to admit to such a thing so simply.

"Why would you do that?" I retort in a biting tone.

Mickey continues to wear an evil grin, "It'll lead to her own self destruct."

As much as I want to ask what he means by that, I can't seem too interested by Rapid Glare's new power. I'm not her anymore.

"Wow, that sounds like an amazing plan. You know, if you were out of your cells to watch it happen." I cock my head to the side, making them look at me curiously.

"What exactly do you want from us, Orage?" Thomas asks.

It's my turn to smirk, "Glad we're getting back to business. You see," I begin to pace back and forth between their two cells. "I know you have connections on the outside. Friends, family, whatever, there are people on your side. Tell me who your allies are."

Mickey hoots, "Why would we tell you that?" Thomas eyes me cautiously.

"Well, you want to get out of here, right? Obviously, your friends need some assistance. I'd be happy to help." I tease the two of them.

Mickey's eyebrows furrow, "What's the catch?"

"No catch. You just have to tell me who your people are on the outside. I'll need to know who I can trust." Of course I'm lying about the part where I break them out. I'm keeping them interested.

Mickey walks back to his bench on the inside of the cell. "Sorry, we don't reveal any of our secrets."

I roll my eyes, "Yes, because your secrets have gotten you so far in life. Look where you're sitting. You need help."

Thomas scoffs, "We don't even know you. We're not giving you anything."

I shrug one shoulder, "Fair enough. You don't know me. But I know you." Before I can say anything else, the door busts open and I have to quickly turn invisible. If Mickey and Thomas had any doubts about me being Rapid Glare, I'm sure I just dismissed them. I mentally groan. What else was I supposed to do?