Chapter 14 -- The cherry on top

"Owen, let go of him." I say in a bored tone. They both look up at me, confusion written all over their faces.

"If anyone's going to fight Drake, it's me." Walking over to the two of them, I wear a smirk just like Drake taught me.

Owen lets go of Drake's head and grabs my arm. He whispers, "You don't have to."

I feel like cracking my knuckles but I can never do that without hurting myself. Settling for stretching my arms across my chest, I tell him, "Oh, I want to."

Drake honestly looks terrified. I'm not sure why. Maybe he thought he was teaching me a lesson. I'm about to knock him into next week.

Della, he has super strength, I remind myself condescendingly.

"No powers." I tell Drake, taking my stance to fight him.

"No problem." He smirks and suddenly dives for my feet. I've already established I'm a pretty clumsy person. I fall to my face on the hardwood floor in an instant and watch Drake scurry to his feet.

Drake comes back around the coffee table and looks like he's about to jump on me with his elbow ready to jab my side. My face hurts immensely but I time his fall with just enough time to roll away and watch him plummet to the floor with a loud thud.

I can hear Owen laughing from somewhere in the room as Drake starts moaning. I would laugh too but I think I busted my nose and lip.

I hope Drake broke his arm.

Steadying myself for when he attacks again, I look down at his weak body. He slowly gets to his feet, clenching his right arm with his left hand. He winces when he puts more pressure on his right leg.

"You ready to call mercy?" I remember saying similar words to Red Raven once as I dangled him over the edge of a roof.

Drake walks up to me and looks me dead in the eyes, "That's not in my vocabulary." Then he punches me in the face. If my nose wasn't broken before, it is now. I taste a little blood after hearing a crack.

Owen suddenly comes between us, "Okay, this is too far." Drake and I look at each other and simultaneously step away from Owen to continue our brawl.

"Red's a good color on you." Drake teases, referring to the blood dripping down my face.

Before he can smirk, I let my fist fly into his face. I don't hear a crack, but to my satisfaction, my fist has blood from his face on it.

"I can't say the same for you." I retort. Drake lurches towards me, successfully grabbing my arm but I sweep my foot up to kick him in the stomach. He lets out an oof and releases my arm to clench his stomach. I take this time to stomp on his foot and kick my foot up into his face. He grabs my foot in mid air.

Crap.

He twists my foot and I find myself turned to face Owen. Owen wears a worried expression. He bites his thumbnail in anticipation.

I know exactly how to get out of this, but it won't be very nice of me. Who am I kidding? I'm pretty sure Drake already broke my nose. This is an all out brawl. I have to finish it.

Before I can think my plan through, I dip my hands down to the floor, in a position to do a handstand. With my left foot free, I pop my leg up to nail him in the face. Or stomach. Or anywhere, really. My foot makes contact and I watch Owen's face pale.

All of a sudden, Drake lets out a yelp and drops my right foot. I turn around to see him lying on the floor in pain. My hand comes up to cover my mouth as I realize where I kicked him.