chapter 10

Katherine never was one to swoon after men. She often ignored thier looks and stares, passed off thier offers of dinner but watching james standing in her living room in his black Armani suit which was tailored to fit his body perfectly, his black tie and black shoes, she couldnt help but think how good he looked.

He stood looking around her living room feeling her eyes follow his every movement. He rung his hands nerves getting to him. The whole drive to her house he tried to prepare himself for this moment but when he saw her standing with her hair in a ponytail and wearing his shirt that reached her tanned thighs his thoughts went out the window.

It was half eight and here he stood unsure of what to say, what to do. His heart was palpitatating his palms sweaty as he rubed them on his suit. He came after work. Straight to her place. They had alot of unfinished buisness to attend to.

"James what are you doing here?" He expected this attitude from her katherine never had patience for time wasters. Like him.

"Im here because i want to tell you something" he stumbled across his words but was happy he was starting the dialogue.

"Well, go on" she snapped and he took a deep breath. Katherine stood with her arms crossed waiting for him to continue

He felt butterflies in his stomach. "Katherine i love you but i realise now that in our marriage a key thing was missing, communication. And i want to make us work so i think its best if im honest with you." he smiles a little. There the hardest part is done getting her to stay in the same room for 20 minutes.

She sat on the blush pink sofa scattered with grey cushions. So he took another deep breath and took it as a sign to continue.

"It all started with a letter sitting on my desk in a white envelope when i went to work on a monday morning. The letter was adressed to me, i opened it and found a typed letter and pictures of you with another man. I didn't want to believe it but the pictures seemed like proof i wanted to hurt you. Make you feel how i felt when i found out my wife had cheated on me. It felt as though my heart had been ripped from my body and torn into shreds whilst i watched helpless. Then i did. Your face looked pained when you caught us i got what i wanted." He felt awkward oppening up. Sure he had mouthed at her but speaking calmly and treating her like a person was new to him.

"When you left that night i went to the liquor cabinet and drowned my sorrows. I thought one night and I'd be over it but the drinking became a regular thing especially when shelly came over and told me what she had done just so she could be with me. I was angry and felt guilty every day i ordered the maid to fill the liquor cabinet up and by the night time it was always empty. It was a couple of months ago i sought help from a psychiatrist her name was elena Marshall well recommended too. I went to her and was doing well stopped drinking and took the company to the next level. Then you came back and i was so cruel i couldnt understand why though you where inoccent. But i lashed out anger clouded over my judgement. Anger that you had been fucked over. Then i went to see elena for our weekly session i told her about my behaviour and how harsh i was she pinpointed the problem straight away. Im in love and i fear rejection because of guilt. The anger was upon seeing you again and memories which flooded my thoughts. I couldnt stop thinking about you but everytime i see you i was livid and the words flowed out and i couldnt stop myself. Now i see whats been missing what went wrong. I was tge problem. I wasnt  a good listener i had no faith in you a d i didnt trust you with other men. I was tricked but i had a choice whether to belive it or not and my own insecurities led me along a narrow path."

He felt the weight of years of guilt gradually lift from her shoulders this was it the confession that should have come out ages ago and all she was doing was standing watching him carefully arms crossed protectivley over herself. Doubt about whether he was doing the right thing flooded his mind but iy was too late to stop now.

"If i where you i know i wouldnt be able to accept you into my pife agaon knowing you where betrayed but im ready now to be the man you need. The man you have always needed. That tool you where with at the gala cant carry his own struggles let alone half of yours. I miss you. Heck i missed you the moment i saw you walk away from me. Your stuff is still in our closet at home exactly where you left it. Your perfume still sits in the vanity. Your shampoo is still in the shower and i still keep your baby pink towels in the bathroom because all the things i have are there because i am clinging on to the hope you will have me back" he was begging her pleading with her eyes. Tears of his own slid down his cheeks and right there Katherine could see the regret the lonliness, the battle he is fighting inside and the vunerability that no one ever gets to see. The infamous james saunders had let his walls down for her and she could see right through him. His true feelings the ones normally kept under lock and key.

Katherine didnt know what to say he was being honest and appologised for what happened so long ago, he explained why he was so mean and hurtful towards her when they met again. She was shocked and felt tears begin to fill her eyes although unsure why. But if she was shocked before she was certainly shocked when she looked up at james to find him wide eyed and looking at the foot of the stairs

"Mommy who is he?"

So i hope this was ok im working hard to update  but i dont have good luck and i dislocated my knee for the 8th time on monday night so lets just say i have been a little bit busy sorting that out lol.

What do you think of james now?