chapter 12

Song- lana del ray: love 

Katherine stood infront of the lift. She hated them all. All those doctors who sat opposite her telling her she was on the long straight. No way out.

Science was a revoloution, the news state. It cures things and helped people. well obviously not everyone. Hospitals and doctors on more than acceptable wages where there because they wanted to help and felt her pain.

She sat across the table that morning as doctor sharky spoke. A man in his late twenties barley out of medical school, no children and engaged to a surgeon working down the hall. The biggest thing on his plate being his university debt. Which wouldn't take long to pay of in his profession. But he knew how she felt.

He smiled.at her in what was meant to be reassurance "i know how you feel" he smiled meakly at her. Was that meant to be sympathy? "Its tough" how would you know?. "There are alot of things need to be sorted before then" he nodded.

She felt like scoffing at his talk. He made her illness seem common which to him it probably was after all he is a specialist. But for her, for her family it wasn't . There was no history, there was no explanation. She was just fucked. Fucked with such a crappy body and fucked that she was destined to die before she even hit thirty.

She blinked as he kept talking. Nodding a little waiting for him to finish.

There where a mass amount of words swirling in a whirl pool throughout her mind. A few in particular standing out to her.

I have a daughter. I am married?. My mother. My life. My dreams. My future

She looked at doctor sharky and it was at that moment he spewed the words, no the sentance she despised the most.

"At least you will be free from pain"

she sat up in the chair straightening herself up before opening her mouth. She crossed her ankels as she had seen that girl from princess diaries do. She thought it looked dainty and tried it one day and now when she was about to make a bold statement in court or put on the 'bitch face' lawyers apparently have she crossed her ankles. She rested her hands in her lap.

"So doctor sharky. You're right at least im not going to be in pain. Who cares about my 4 year old daughter. My husband or my friends and family. Who cares about them. As long as i am out of pain then its ok. Its ok that i leave a little girl alone without a mother to look too as she grows up. Its ok if i leave my mother to grow old without someone to care for and its ok if i leave my husbad alone and a  widower the rest of his life. Im no longer worried about me. As sad as it sounds i have come to accept the fact that i am to die. But my family people i love wont ever accept that. My husband is not the most... forgiving person he would be raging right now if he were here. If he knew. So when i leave this hole we call a fucking planet. Im not going to be pain free i will cry every day as i watch the people i love trying to get over my death." She let out a breath.

Instead of saying that though she simply said "thank you for your time"

Got up and walked out. She didnt need to be in there much longer. If she was she would say something she regretted. 

They upped her pain relief as if thats going to help. They upped her bed rest time, not going to happen and they decreased her work hoirs goving her another sick slip. She was getting worse fast. The sick slip would be ripped up and thrown in the bin before anyone saw it. She did it every month.

She looked at her watch it was half twelve and she booked the day of.work. the cupboards at home.where.empty so she made up her shopping list and went to the supermarket instead.

She wanted to give ella to her mom but james called her this morning and asked if he could take ella out to the park. He is his own boss he didny have to ask for days off. Ella was all to happy to have a day out with her granda.

Katherine chuckled a little remembering ellas meeting with her father. She kept james going this morning waving bye and telling ella to have fun with her grandad. She laughed but got a rather intense glare from james making her stop abruptly.

He left ella off at her grannys house and after shopping katherine lifted her at five o clock. When they got home katherine got ella ready for going iut with james. Braiding her hair in two dutch braids and dressing her in a lilac dress covered in butterflys matching the dress with some lilac frill socks and a sparkly pair of shoes with a butterfly on the toe of them. Shw looked cute.as a button. Katherine turned the television on and set ella infront of it singing along to a my little pony sing along episode. She was obsessed.

Katherine went to her room to get ready having a hot shower and blow drying her hair she left it down curling the ends so it cascaded down her back.

She wore a pair red stiletto heels that made her legs look longer and a black high neck dress that had a slit uo the side showing off some of her freshly tanned skin.
Her makeup took longer than her hair. She applied her foundation and contour lightly of course. And some smokey eyeshadow along with a red lip to finish her look. She looked in the mirror and smiled she looked classy not trashy.

She went downstairs to find ella glued to the television as expected. Picking her up she walked over to the sofa setting ella on her knee. "Are you going to behave?" She asked ella trying to have a stern voice.

"Yes mommy" ella smiled wrapping her little arms around katherines neck.

The doorbell rang signalling james had arrived. So they got of the sofa and walked to the front door katherine took a deep breath before opening the door but after she opened it she was glad she had.

There james stood in a dress shirt and a pair of black trousers looking handsome wearing a smile on his face that showed of his white teeth. Katherine looked at him and tried to compose herself but as soon as he spoke she knew this was going to be a very challenging dinner.

"Hello katherine you look sexy and look at my wee ella looking beautiful just like a princess"

So guys i am super extited to continue writing this story im sorry the updates are comming out so fast but im off for a few days so its the only time i have to write hope you enjoyed the chapter let me know what you think xxx