chapter 25

James pov

I wanted to. But i couldn't. She was in pain and i dont want to hurt her more.

"Katherine i-"

Her eyes became glassy "please james. I want to feel like a proper couple. For the past few weeks it feels like I've been dreaming and i will soon wake up. I want to feel your need for me."

I love katherine. I know i do but she has a point our relationship has been so pure so innocent. Thats not us. We never were pure or innocent.

I brought her to our room and lay her gentely down on the bed. The blanket moulds around her. Her hair was spread out behind her making her look like she had been grabbed and flung to the sheets by a mad man. But then again its exactly what i am.

She looked up at me through her dark lashes and smiled her arms wrapping themselves around my neck she pulled me down to meet her lips.

Her sweet taste had me gripping what little control i had left over my body. Before I ravished her completely. I pushed my tounge into her mouth. She accepted it and our tounges danced together.

Our hands explore eachother like they had all those years ago. Cherishing every crevice, lump and bump.

She unbuttoned my white shirt quickly her delicate fingers roaming my chest and abdomen with such  gentle strokes igniting a flame which had been burried deep inside of me for a very long time.

My body stood to attention. Her hips pushed into my groin and she knew what she was doing but she had no intentions of stopping. My hands explored the curves of her waist. Her top riding up exposing her mid riff teasing me. Taunting me.

My hands move quickly to tear up the cotton shirt she was wearing.

Her gasp was masqued by our lips as they mould to eachother once again.

Katherines pov

He was too slow my body yearning for more. It has been for some time now. I grab his belt and fidget with the buckle. Trying to speed up the process. He groans enjoying my hands running along his length.

The night flies by and ends in ecstasy as we both orgasm and collapse exhausted. His arms envelop me and my heavy eyes close over

"I love you" is the last thing I whisper before I fall into a deep sleep.

James pov

The lights flashing outside drew me out of my rivier of thought everything  had been going well and then i wake up to the sound of sharp screams and claws digging into my flesh and not due to sexual arousal this time. She was crying in agony. Her body curled in a ball protecting itself. An internal war.

The ambulance was quick. Got to us within 5 minutes. That may be due to the fact i threatened them.
They took her away in a stretcher by then she had passed out unconscious, stopped breathing and the paramedics where trying to resuscitate her. They got her pulse back.  Now I'm packing. For what im not sure but im packing.

Ella came in to me and looked into my eyes. She looks just like kathereine. Her eyes glassy and she walked over to me arms stretched wide. "Daddy is it just us now?" Her voice sounded raspy she was holding back her tears. Her mummy was ill. It was nearing Katherines time and although I dont want to admit it i dont think im going to have a choice.

"It's ok daddy you have me" ellas hands rubbed my back in her effort to comfort.

Elena walked in with a cup of coffee in one hand and a blanket in the other.

"James i think we need to get to the hospital and ella should come too. I'll finish packing things for katherine you put ella in the car" elena has been my rock for so long and these last few weeks Katherine being ill she has helped more than I could ever repay her for. I nod and pick ella up into my arms and we head to the car.

I look at my princess and my heart swells at the sight if her "Lets go baby girl"

The drive was agonizing. The road stretched out for miles but i kept focused on my destination. The place that had become my second home. It was busy when we arrived doctors running in and out of intensive care and resuscitation. Sitting in the waiting room waiting to hear any kind of news. We could hear the nurses calls for defibrillators, Patients scream in agony and family members cry for thier loss.

And all we can do is wait. Wait for the news that will either make or break us. Maybe a bit of both.

Elena sat on her phone texting katherines mother for me. Giving status updates every half hour and replemishing the coffee i held in my hand so I never once ran out.

Doctor sharky walked into the waiting room and moved us in to a special family room. We shook hands and sat down.

"I love being a doctor but it can be hard delivering news like this to a family" he begins and keeps eye contact with us as he speaks. My mouth goes dry.

"But your wife was successfully resuscitated and will be awake within the next five hours" he smiles meekly and looks at the ground

"Well then what do you hate about telling people that" elena laughs trying to lighten the mood

He smiles grimly at her "Well this is the problem mr saunders. Once she wakes up she will be weak. So weak she may barley finish her goodbyes" his voice was soft, so soft it was almost inaudible but i heard and so did the girls.
Ella let out a cry and all elena could do was look at the ground and murmur "that's the part you hate. I understand now"

My heart was beating in an unsteady rhythm. I'm not ready to say goodbye.