museums & phone calls

Evan didn't call me until December fourth when his hangover finally subsided. He apologized for how we met and told me he wanted to go for brunch sometime.

"Answer honestly," he said through the phone as I sat in Amily and I's hotel room. "Is there absolutely any chance you can wear that dress to brunch?" I could practically feel his sly smirk through the phone.
"Most definitely not. A fashionable person wouldn't be caught dead wearing the same outfit within the same week. You should know that," I joked.
"Oh man," he chuckled. "I better get some new clothes then." I laugh loudly through the phone.
"So at the West Side Diner at eleven?"
"Yeah that sounds perfect. See ya tomorrow," I hang up and toss my phone onto the bed. Exhausted from all of the parties, I drift in and out of sleep on the couch, waiting for Savana and Amily to get home from the art museum. 
About a half hour later, Savana bounces through the door, waking me up.
"OH. MY. G. This has got to be a joke!!!!" She yells as she looks at her phone. Amily walks in with sunken shoulders, obviously annoyed.
"Jo you gotta jump with me," she puts down her purse and phone at my feet. "I'm going to Paris!!" She begins to jump and grabs my hand, forcing me to jump with her. We jump for a couple more seconds before I stop. With my hands on my knees, I look up at Savana.
"Why?"
"I get to design clothes!!"
"That's so cool Sav! Congrats," I say as I stand to hug her, the lightheadedness getting to me. 
"Yes, yes, YES! When I make it big you can come model for me!" She begins another jumping session. Amily looks annoyed and on the verge of tears.
"Amily what's up?"
"I'm just tired. Museums are boring," she hurries off into the bathroom.
I attempt to hide my fatigue after our jumping spree, but Savana still notices my heavy breathing.
"Hey, you okay?" Her face shows genuine concern.
"I'm fine. Thanks though," I give her a toothless smile.
But I'm the only one who knew that I wasn't fine. Dizziness was overwhelming me from that little bit of exertion. I slump down on the couch. The dizziness has been getting worse, and I don't want my friends worrying. Amily emerges from the bathroom.
"Savana has been babbling all day," she lets out in one exhausted sigh.
"That's usually what she does," I laugh.
"Okay the tour guide in the museum had to tell her to put her phone away three times, and lower her voice five times" she waves her hands in an over dramatic, exasperated fashion, which throws us into a fit of laughter. We both end up on the couch holding our stomachs.
"Man. My stomach hurts," she complains as our laughs die down.
She continues, "Savana has an awesome opportunity. I'm happy for her, but we almost got kicked out of the museum."
"Wouldn't be the first time we got kicked out," I say remembering all of the times we got kicked out of skating rinks, diners, and target.
We finish the day by watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians all afternoon, and her eating a full gallon of icecream.

I neglected to tell them about my date, because if I told them, I'd hear about it all night and morning. But it was hard to hide the excitement that welled inside me with every minute.