Chapter 1: Something Is Off

*buzz buzz* Sean looked at his phone. Mark texted him "Hey, dude, you feeling alright? We were supposed to record together. You're only in LA for so long."                                                            

Sean replied  "I don't feel good. We can record tomorrow." He walked to the hotel bathroom and washed his face. As he looked in the mirror, he knew something was wrong. Sean just thought he was tired and his eyes were playing tricks on him, for what he saw was inhuman. The figure in the reflection had green eyes, an evil grin that you could spot from a mile away, and it stood at the doorway of the bathroom. The poor man was frightened at first, but then he rationalized he just needed some sleep. He texted Mark and said that he was going to get some rest. Sean crept to his room and hopped onto the bed, falling asleep almost instantly, or so he thought.

   Mark looked on his phone when it buzzed a reply. "Aw man, looks like I'll have to record something else today. I wonder if he is okay?" he thought to himself. He put his phone down and went on his computer to search for another good game to play. Mark saw that he got another text, and grabbed his phone again. "Oh, I guess he needs his beauty sleep. Maybe in a few hours I can go over to his hotel and surprise him! That'll cheer him up!" He decided to do a "reading your tweets". He opened up his Twitter page and turned the camera on and read out loud "What is wrong with Jack, who has Jack, and where is Jack? Jack is sick and he needs his beauty sleep." 

  Sean woke up an hour later and quickly realized he wasn't where he originally fell asleep. He was in the room down the hall, which he had set up to record in. "Wh-Where am I?" Sean said out loud. He saw that the camera was on, so he decided to check the footage for hints of what happened. In the footage, he saw himself walk in and sitting down...but when he looked closer, it wasn't him. It was the thing he saw in the mirror! The creature looked at the camera and smiled an ugly little smile. Then...Sean heard something on the video. It was the thing. It whispered "I have him now" and walked away, leaving Sean's body on the chair. Sean turned the video off, and ran out of the room to get his girlfriend, Signe. 

"SIGNE!!!! WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I WAS ASLEEP!?" Sean yelled. Singe responded "Ummm...you weren't asleep. You came down and ate some lunch, then went upstairs to record." Sean sat down at the kitchen table and leaned his head on his arm "Umm, so...this is kind of a weird question but did it...I...look different?" Sean sounded tired, but he was restless to know what was going on. "Well, your eyes kind of looked green, but I just thought you were recording a skit or something and were using contacts," Signe responded. Sean was shocked. "Signe, I need to show you something."

  Mark got in his car and started it up. He was on his way to Sean's hotel when he got a text from him. It was in this crazy font and it read, 

"I a̰͈͓ͮ̀m͇͕̦̲̫̗͓̽ͤ̓̔͒̾̏ ͊ͨ̈͊h̫̉e̠͈̍̈́r̟̬͕͉̯͚̬̾̋e̹̯̦ͦ̓ͤͯͤ̇̈́.͙̦̤͍͍͙ ͈̦̻͇̮̳̐̄̌M͇̱̲͖̜͇̥͐͐̎̊ẹ̀ͯͬ̍e̠̯͚̟̟̘͒ͮ̐̓t̹͕̝͔̽̐̑̃͛͗̏ ́ͫ̍m͐͐e̬̣̞̔ͩͪͭ̚ ̦̪̖̓ͅa̙̱̞̝̓ͨͭͯͯͨ̃t̰̬̰͔̎ ͙ͣ̆̔ͩ͊̆̚ḧ̖̞̹̘̝͓͚̈ͥ̾ͮḭ͙̙̳̝͙̽ͩͦͫsͦ͑͆̉̈ ̙̥͙̺̣ḫ̱͖̭͓ͤͮͥ̄̑̾͊ō̫̥̩̝̳͌ͤ̑̋ͦ̆t̩̤̝ͦͧ̊͗̍̅ě̮̹̗̓͑l̜̬ͨ̔̐̋̄̓̚ͅ" Mark was freaked out, but then he realized it was probably

just Sean playing a trick on him.  When Mark finally arrived at Sean's hotel he had a feeling something was off. He knocked on the suite door "Sean, you there?" Someone opened the door, but it wasn't Sean...or was it. He had green eyes and a gray undertone. "Sean? Is that you?" Mark was quite frightened, and he was worried about Sean. They had been friends since they first started on Youtube. "Why yes, this is Sean. Who else would it be?" As he said that, he squinted his eyes and smiled this freaky smile that no one could imitate. "Okay..." Mark responded as he turned around to grab a vase and tried to smash the creature on its head. It grabbed his hand and exclaimed, "Now now, we wouldn't want to hurt an old friend, would we, Darkiplier?"