Chapter 3

I make my way across town on a handicapped bus. I didnt know where I was going. I just needed to get away from her, from them, from everyone. 

I get off at the next stop. I knew where I was.

I wheel myself across the street and make my way to the small park on the corner of 5th and Broadway. I rememberd where i was because i used to live here, in those small apartments down the street. I used to come here all the time. Luckily, no one was here, so i could just sit in peace and quiet and just think. 

That didnt last very long because five minutes after I got there, I saw a tall boy, about my age, in a skin tight green shirt coming my way. 

Parker. 

"What the hell are you doing here Wheels?" Parker shouted. He stopped about ten feet away from me, like i was some disease that he could catch if he came any closer to me. 

"I used to live here. I came down here all the time when i was little. And-" 

"I didnt ask for your life story." Parker interuped. 

"You asked, I answerd." I shot back. I guess I didnt realize him walking towards me, but we now stood feet away from eachother. Something about him standing that close to me made me feel sick to my stomach. 

"Leave," Parker broke the awkward silence. "No one wants you here." 

"I dont care. I want to be here" I snapped back.

"Wait let me rephrase that." Parker now stood inches away from me, he lowerd his face so he could meet my gaze. "I dont want you here." 

"No, let me rephrase that," I shouted  "Get the hell away from me." I wheeled away from Parker, and down the street, leaving Parker out of my sight. 

PARKERS POV 

I watched Wheels roll away, like a ball down a hill. Shes so pathetic. I walked back to my apartment only to see my little brother Nathan and my step mom Victoria standing in the doorway. 

"Where have you been?" Victoria asks me. 

"The park?" I replied, using a questioning tone. 

"Dont be a smartass." Victoria shot back. 

"Yeah!" Nathan chimed in, "Dont be a smartass!" 

Victoria slapped Nathan across the face. It didnt seem to phase him. 

"Im driving Nathan to baseball practice." She pushed passed me and stumbled to the car. Victoria reaked of alcohol. 

"No." I said right before she pulled the door open. "Ill drive."

~

I wheel myslef into the door to find my father standing in front of me. 

"Where the hell have you been!" my father shouted, trying not to wake Josh and Vicki. 

"Out." I said blankly. That wasnt the whole truth. I thought back to my incounter with Parker, and how i had went to my old apartment that was now on the market. 

"Out? Your only 15! You cant even drive yet!" My father snapped back.

"Yeah, you see, theres this thing called a bus, and-" 

My father slapped me. My father. 

"Jasmine. Im so sorry." I brought my hand to my face, it felt hot.

"You dont know how tired i am of being slapped.