Chapter 21

My addiction hadn't stopped, I dont take my anti-depressants, and I don't go to physical therapy anymore. But I do still go to Dr. Basil. I dont know why, honestly.

"Hello, Jasmine. Its been 2 weeks since your last visit. How come you didn't come last week?"

"Sick." I faked a little cough, and soon realized he wasn't buying it. He sighed, and rubbed his face. ,L

"You do realize how serious this is, right? I-I don't get it, do you want help, or not?" Dr. Basil said, folding his arms. Did I want help? I was getting used to being helpless, and as I've said before, I don't like change.

"Yeah?"

I lied.

"Why do you push people away?" I could tell he was getting carried away. "Like my son?" Dr. Basil said, his eyes growing wide.

"Your son? What the hell are you talking about?" I said, shaking my head.

"Forget it." He said, waving his hand dismissively.

"Your son? Who's your son?"

"I SAID FORGET IT!" Dr. Basil yelled, not phasing me at all.

"I DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU SAID! WHOS YOUR-" but then it all came to me.

"Parker?" I sat there, cold. That boy lies about everything.

"Jasmine, please let me explain." The voice didn't come from Dr. Basil, it came from behind me, it came from

Parker, who was standing in the doorway. My body tensed. What other stuff had he been lying about?

"Oh my god." I turned around, and crossed my arms. Parker sat beside me.

"Go ahead. Explain. Explain why you lied about your dad dying."

At first he was silent, his face blankly staring at the wall. Then, he spoke.

"I, I had my reasons, okay?" Parker said, throwing his hands in the air.

"What reasons, exactly?" I muttered, not even glancing at him.

"I hit him, a lot, when he was younger. I-I had always blamed him for his mothers death, and-and I'm sorry, Parker, really, I am." Dr. Basil said. I turned my focus on Parker, who was staring at the ground, clenching his jaw. I just stared at him, asking myself why he hadn't told me.

"Why didn't you just tell me, Parker?" I sighed.

"I didn't-" I cut him off.

"The truth please." I unfolded my arms and looked at him.

"Honestly, I felt embarrassed. Embarrassed that I have a pathetic excuse for a dad, embarrassed that I let him do that to me, why hadn't I just asked for help, you know?" Tears fell down his face, but he wasn't crying. He wiped them away, and continued talking.

"I just- I just don't understand. Why hadn't I asked for help?" He admitted. I didn't really know how to comfort him, things were still awkward between us, and we really haven't talked about much.

"I-I'm sorry, I need to leave." I got back into my chair and sped out of the building. I stopped in the middle of the parking lot, and it had started to rain. I cried and put my head in my hands. I didn't know why I was crying. I guess I felt guilty. I thought my dad was trash when he really was a good father. I also felt guilt for Parker. I hadn't really given him time to tell me, I had always talked about my own problems.

"Jasmine!" Parker yelled. I was soaked and cold. It was still raining.

"I'm so sorry, Parker." My voice was raspy, and I was still sobbing. He just stood there, staring at me like I was crazy.

"For what?" He said shaking his head.

"Everything! Everything that ever happened between us, I just- it's all my fault. Everything always is." I said, tears fell down my face, and you couldn't see them because of the rain.

"No no no no no no!" Parker said, running over to me. "Nothing was your fault, okay? You don't have to blame yourself." Parker then hugged me, then looked into my eyes. I then felt the way I felt when he pierced my nose. Butterflies arose in my stomach, and all I wanted to do was kiss him. Something stopped me, I couldn't kiss him unless I felt something for him. I didn't feel anything for him. If I kissed him now, I'd break his heart and not think twice about it.

Parker started to lean in, then I started to too, and then I stopped myself as soon as our lips were about to touch.

"Parker, I can't." I said. Neither of us pulled back, or walked away. We stayed in the same position. "I don't want to hurt you." I said closing my eyes, holding back tears. I really didn't want to hurt him.

"Trust me, Wheels. I'm already hurt." Parker pulled away, leaving me in the parking lot. Him calling me Wheels kind of hurt me.

"No, Parker! Please, wait!" He didn't listen. He kept walking until his silhouette disappeared into the rain.

I cried much more now. I hurt him while trying not to hurt him. Wow.

"Can you come pick me up?" My dad was on the other line.

"Yeah, something wrong kiddo? Sound like you've been crying." He said.

"Uh, no. I'm fine." I said. I sniffled, and realized that I was really cold.

"Alright, I'll be there soon."

"Okay, and dad? I'm really sorry. About everything, I love you, and I really want you to know that."

"It's okay, I love you too." He then hung up the phone. I still felt like complete shit.

~

(A week later)

My dad had considered putting me and rehab.

"Look, I think we need to consider this, okay?" My dad said, handing me a brochure.

"Hmm, let me think about it, NO, dad. I don't need to go to rehab. I don't have a problem." I yelled.

"Really? What's in the cup?" He gestured towards the cup that I was holding.

"Nothing." I said.

"Jasmine." He sighed.

"Iced tea." I replied.

"You hate iced tea." He smirked.

Okay, maybe it wasn't iced tea.

"God, so what dad? I'm drinking beer, I'm sixteen. I don't see what the big deal is." I said, rolling over to the trash can to throw away my now empty cup.

"You obviously do not know the difference between one beer and ten beers, Jasmine." He sighed, and rubbed his eyes.

"Look, I don't have a problem."

"Kid, please just admit it. You do have a problem. An addiction. It's not good for you, and your only sixteen. You don't want to end up like your mom, do ya?"

"No, I don't." I said. I really didn't want to end up like my mother, but I understand why she was addicted to drugs and alcohol. It makes you feel on top of the world, it eases the pain you feel for days on end, and I didn't want that pain to come back.

"Please, just think about it. I love you too much to let you ruin yourself." He kissed my forehead. I sat there, holding the brochure. I didn't want to ruin myself either, but the truth was:

I already had.

A/N

I REALLY LIKED THIS CHAPTER AND IDC IF YOU DIDNT BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 8OO READS OMG ILY