Chapter 5

Im in my room when Josh walks in.

"Jazzy," Josh said as he walked in. He had a bruise on his face. 

"What happend to you?" I yell, wheeling over too him. I bring my hands to his face and take a closer look.

"Vicki hit me! I didnt clean my room and she hit me. I started screaming for dad, but he didnt come." he said, crying.

Dad went on a bisnuess trip. He left us here with Vicki. 

"Stay here. Ill be back." 

I rolled out of my room and see Vicki standing in the hallway, talking on the phone. I tap her. 

"Ill call you back." she mumbles into the phone. 

"What?" Vicki said. Her eyes werent bloodshot, so I assumed she wasnt high.

"You slapped my 4 year old brother." I yelled. She rolled her eyes at me.

"I was high! That was the only time I hit either one of you!" Vicki lowerd her voice. "Go to bed, its late. You have school tomorrow." 

~

I was getting books out of my locker when Parker walks up to his. 

"You do know im sorry, right?" Parker said, not bothering to look at me. 

"Yeah, sure whatever."

"I really am," Parker snapped, slamming his locker shut. "Why dont you accept that?" he said. I started wheeling away from him. 

"Because, Parker. Ive known people like you. You guys dont apologize."

"Ever heard of 'dont judge a book by its cover'?" Parker said, chasing after me. I spun around to face him. 

"Look whos talking! You judged me the second I rolled in here!" I raised my voice. 

"You know what? Forget it. I dont need you anyway." Parker rolled his eyes and walked away. 

  ~

Talia and I managed to swtich partners in one of our classes, so I am no longer Parkers partner in Science. It wasnt that much of a relief becuase I was still his partner in seven other classes. 

"What happend with Parker this morning? I saw you guys talking, but I didnt hear anything." Talia asked. It was kinda out of the blue, so it caught me off guard. 

"He tried to apologize. I didnt let him because I could tell he didnt mean it." I said, staring off into space.

"Really? How could you tell?" Talia questioned. 

"His eyes." I replied. 

"You were looking into his eyes?" Talia said, rasing an eyebrow. 

"What? No, I meant I could tell by his, uh, body language." I then realized that sounded even worse than the eye thing. 

"Oh, so you were looking at his body?" Talia said as she bit back a laugh. 

"Talia just shut up! I just know boys like him. They apologize, but dont mean it." 

~

"Dad, when do you get back? Vicki is going crazy!" I mumbled into the phone.

"Yeah, um, J, I cant do this right now, Im about to go into a meeting."

"Dad! I dont care, when do you get home?" I repeated, rasing my voice a little.

"I get home tomorrow at 11:30. Okay? I got to go, love you, bye." my dad said before he hung up.