Chapter 14

I clicked on my phone and dialed my dads number.

"Hey, dad. I need to get to the hos-" I was cut off by his voicemail.

"I can't get to the phone right now, please leave me a message."

I sighed and pressed end. I took the bus to the hospital, to meet with my physical therapist. I got to the hospital and signed in, and waited for him to call my name. "Jasmine Pennbrook?" The doctor said. When he spotted me, he motioned me back into a room with lots of weights. In the middle were to metal bars about 3 feet apart from each other. I used those every two weeks, when I came here. "Ready, miss Pennbrook?" He asked, motioning over towards the metal bars.

"Ready than I'll ever be."

~

I sat in my room. Thinking back to before the accident. The day before, I remember it perfectly. I was running, I was running, and a cute boy sat on the curb, wearing a green top, baggy sweats. We talked, and before i knew it we were making out on the corner. His name was Parker.

WAIT. Wait. Wait. Parker? Baggy sweats, green top Parker? I started to giggle. I typed in Parker's name in sent him a text.

'Hey, come over. I have something to tell you.' I pressed send. How could I not remember him?

About 10 minutes later, my doorbell rang. I sped down the ramp to answer it.

"Come in!" I waved my hand back and fourth. "Hey, what did you want to tell me?" He followed me upstairs, and I shut the door behind me.

"Okay. When I was twelve, I had my first kiss." I chuckled nervously, then I continued. "I was running, and a boy with a tight green shirt and baggy sweats was sitting on the curb, and next thing I knew-" Parker's eyes widened. "Oh my god! That was you?" Parker collapsed on my bed in laughter. I joined him. "What a cheesy way to pick up a girl." I laughed even harder, remembering what he had said.

"Well give me a break! When was that? Almost four years ago?" He chuckled.

He sat there in silence for a while, then Parker asked me a very odd question.

"Do you miss her?"

"Miss who?" I asked, confused.

"Your mom." He glanced at me, then quickly looked the other way. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Of course. I know she wasn't the best mom, but she's the one who stuck around. My dad left, not my mom. And I have hated him for that." I admitted. I guess I haven't really thought about my mom, or about how much I miss her.

"Why? He came back for you. Isn't that all that matters?" Parker questioned.

"No, it's not." I snapped. "He was ten years too late. Josh thinks that's his real dad, when it's really not. That's what pisses me off. He is taking advantage of a 5 year old boy."

"Who's Josh's real dad?" Parker asked, taking my hand in his.

"I have no idea." I sighed.

"Whoever it is, I want to punch them in the face." I chuckled.

"I don't miss my mom." Parker admitted, saying it so quietly I could barley hear it.

"What?" I asked, double checking on what he had just said.

"I don't miss her." Parker continued. "We are actually in similar situations, uh," Parker chuckled nervously.

"My mom gave me up, when I was born. She just left me at the hospital, in the nursery. No reasoning. No warning. She held me once, from what I remember. And my dad, he stayed as long as he could. He had Leukemia, so of course he didn't stay long. I was put in the foster system 6 months after I was born. They looked for her everywhere, even in Germany." Parker laughed. "So, I have been with about 6 families, and they all have hated me." Tears welled up in Parker's eyes. I have been such a bad friend- and bad girlfriend, if that's even the right term. Suddenly my situation didn't seem bad anymore. My full attention was on Parker, and how to make him feel better. I felt so guilty inside. I should have talked to Parker, about him. Instead, I blabbed on and on about how hard my life is. I've been like this for almost four years. Why am I still complaining?

"Everything is going to be okay." I mumbled, leaning my head onto his shoulder.

"I promise."

~

Yay. It's my birthday. The big one six. My birthday doesn't seem like a big deal to me anymore. I used to love the cake and candles and presents, but now I just don't really care.

"Happy Birthday!" Josh and my dad said at the same time, running up to hug me.

"Thanks." I muttered. I wasn't up for this. It was 7:30 in the morning.

I clicked on my phone and saw a bunch of incoming texts, they all said

"Happy Birthday!" Or, "Congrats on turning 16!" But one in particular caught my eye.

"People will find out the truth.

Eventually. Happy Birthday, 'friend'."

It was from Talia. The message made me cautious, but I quickly brushed it off. I kept scrolling down until I saw Parker's text.

"Happy Birthday, beautiful." I giggled at the cheesy line and texted back.

"Why thank you." I set my phone in my backpack and headed out for school.

When I walked in, I was greeted with a bunch of Happy Birthdays. I quickly thanked them. I didn't feel like everybody trying to be my friend because it was my birthday.

The day passed by quickly, a few more Happy Birthdays, and all that kind of stuff. I came home, and saw a familiar face standing in the kitchen.

Vicki.

TALIAS POV

"Hey there, sleepy head." I mumbled and threw his clothes at him.

"What? OW! What am I doing here?" He moaned.

"You got drunk, and threw yourself at me." I laughed. I didn't mind at all.

"How did I get drunk?" He asked, clutching his head.

"I dunno. I'm assuming it had something to do with her." I showed him a picture of Jasmine. "No. No! I can't believe you would let me do this! You know how much I like her!"

I giggled. "Really? Because I don't care. If you did this with me, you obviously don't like her as much as you think you do."

"I don't want you back, Talia. Your a horrible person." I picked at my nails, pretending to pay attention.

"Calm down, Parker. You know you want me back." I chuckled. "I also helped you out, by sending her a birthday text. 'Happy Birthday, Beautiful.'"

"Happy Birthday, Beautiful." Parker repeated.

Definition of Normal; DISCONTINUEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें