Chapter 11

I rolled into school bubbly and happy. I humming my favorite song down the hallway, smiling at everyone, until I heard this idiotic comment from someone.

"They had sex! Parker and Jasmine."

Um, I'm sorry, what?

We kissed, for 3 seconds. I ignored the remark until I heard it again, again, and again. Who the hell was telling people that?

"Who told you that?" Someone whispered. "Parker did!"

Parker? What?

I sped down the hallway and found Parker talking to a bunch of seniors.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him off to the side.

"Why are you telling everyone we did that?" I whispered. Parker had a confused look on his face.

"What? Doing what?" Parker asked, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"Sex!" I rolled my eyes.

"Wh-What? Look, Jasmine, I am not telling people that! I promise you! We just kissed and that was a mistake." Parker quickly realizing what he just said a little too late.

A mistake? I obviously know his feelings weren't true now.

"A mistake?"

"I felt sorry. Uh- look, I really do like you, but-" I cut him off.

"Do me and yourself a favor, stop feeling sorry and get the hell away from me." I wheeled away, feeling terrible. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I was tired of being pitied on. I want to be normal. I stopped where I was and just sat there, thinking.

~

PARKERS POV

I watched Jasmine as she went down the hallway. What have I done? Why did I do that? I really do like her, I didn't feel sorry for her. Why am I such an idiot? I sighed and leaned my head against my locker, then I decided. If I really liked her, I'm going after her.

I started running down the hallway, and when I turned the corner, I almost ran into Jasmine.

"Jasmine, please. I didn't mean that. I promise you, I'm not the one yelling people that, and I don't feel sorry for you." I blurted out, still panting from my little run. After a moment of silence, she grabbed my neck and wrapped her arms around me.

"Please, please don't ever feel sorry for me. Because soon you won't." I was relieved that she forgave me, because I don't know if I could go on if she didn't.

I sat in the hospital waiting room, thinking about a lot. Parker was really close to Talia, and Talia's mom. Should I tell him? But I mean, we aren't dating, or anything. Right? I mean I want to, do I? I'm just confused right now.

"Jasmine Pennbrook?" The doctor questioned, and motioned me to his office. I rolled in and sat in front of his oak wood desk.

"Um, your test results were inconclusive." The doctor blurted out.

Inconclusive?

"So, what does this mean?"

"More tests, pills, uh-" he started to say.

"No!" I yell. "No more pills, no more needles, no more tests! I'm not your lab monkey, and I'm tired of waiting around for something that isn't going to happen." I storm out of the office, and into the parking lot. I see Parker waiting for me.

I got into the car, and he stuffed my chair into the trunk.

"So, anything?" Parker asked as he was getting into the car.