Chapter 22

I had given up on a lot of things:

Physical Therapy, School, Parker, Friendships, but most importantly, life.

I always felt down and I wanted to feel happy and optimistic, so I turned to the only thing that could do that. Alcohol. But as I was feeling happy, I was ruining my life. At the times when I got drunk at 10:30 in the morning, I hadn't cared because I was happy. But the after affects of drinking had been slowly chipping away at my future. I wanted to fix it. I needed to fix it.

Rehab, here I come.

"Are you sure about this?" My dad asked. He knew this had been hard on me. He took me out for the last two months of school just to put me in rehab.

"Dad. Yes. It's not going to happen over night. There's a reason I'm going for two months." I sighed. Dad put my bags in the car along with my chair. I sat in the front seat. It had been 24 hours since my last drink. That's the longest I had ever gone without any.

The car ride to the airport was very quite, I didn't say anything and neither did my father. Some boy band trash was playing on the radio, so I tuned it out. It was pouring outside, and I stared out the window. The rehab place was called Oceans Rehabilitation Center. I guess it was called oceans is because it's on the coast of California.

If you happen to be wondering about Talia and Parker, I told them that I was going to California for vacation. Parker didn't care, and Talia thought it was cool.

When we got to the airport, we did the baggage claim thing, and waited for the plane to be called over the intercom.

"Flight 287 boarding now."

"That's me." I sighed.

"Yep." We hugged, and I got onto the plane. No tears shed, I knew my dad was happy I was doing this. Me, on the other hand, not to sure.

I had never been on a plane before. Being 30,000 feet above the ground, it's amazing. You feel like your free, alive. But then then there's the old lady to your right and the annoying kids kicking your seat behind you. I wanted to relax, so I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

When I woke up, we were about to land. I looked over and saw the ocean, and man, it was beautiful. Being stuck in the middle of the country kind of sucks. The plane landed, and I was the last one off the plane. I didn't know what to do, I'm supposed to go to rehab, and no one was here to take me there. I can't really drive, either.

"Ms. Pennbrook?" The flight attendant asked.

"Mm?" I replied, not really listening.

"There's a car waiting to take you to your destination."

Wait, a car? Hm, this rehab thing might not be so bad after all. I got off the plane, and a man holding a sign with my last name on it stood in front of a nice SUV.

"Hi." I said awkwardly. Without saying a word, the guy whom I was assuming was the driver took my bags and put them in the back. He pushed a button on the inside of the car and a ramp rolled out. It was one of those cars designed for people like me. Yes.

"Oceans Rehabilitation Center, Ms. Pennbrook?" The driver said. Oh crap, here we go.

"Yes." I sighed. "It's time to fix my life."

A/N

IM REALLY SORRY THIS IS SOOO SHORT BUT I HAVE TO GET UP REALLY EARLY TOMORROW AND THIS IS A FILLER ILL MAKE THE NEXT ONE EXTRA LONG I PROMISE AND THANK YOU FOR 1.1K READS IVE WORKED SO HARD ILY ALL MESSAGE ME IDEAS IF YOU HAVE ANY OKAY