chapter 17 - I need answers

Emily POV:
"Emily! We're vampires, you can't just not expect us to attack any human who comes to our house" Jiyong said.

"I know and I'm sorry" I said and then realized something "but how come you don't act like them?" I asked as I tilt my head.

"Young blood are the most delicious blood to us vampires, and I'm use to holding my self back from all of it at school" Jiyong said as he buckled himself up.

"My old vampire teacher, NamGook, taught us five boys how to control it" he continue on "So there was a time where you went crazy?" I asked as I look at him curious

How can they not go crazy over us (see us as food in their eyes)

Jiyong POV:
"So there was a time where you went crazy?" She asked and I felt myself flintch.

~flash back~
"P-please J-jiyong...s-st...op!" She struggle to say as she pull on my hair and shirt.

"I'm sorry but you're just too good to waste" my mouth said as my heart cried out for me to stop too.

But my stomach and tastebuds want it all

"J-Jiyong...please...st-" she said before I finished her off.

I dropped her and looked down at her. Once my vision was back to normal and I could no longer see red...I have noticed what I have done.

I was back to controlling myself and now I end up hating myself for letting my crazy vampire side take over uncontrollably.

"Nooo!" I cried out as I drop to my knees and cry "I-I killed the only girl I loved" I cried as I hold her in my arms.

And tears continue running down as I hold her tight.
~end of flash back~

"Yes..." I sadly said as I put the car in reverse "I went crazy before" I mumble as I drove.

I would never forgive myself if I did it over again

So this time I'll kill myself before I could kill anyone else I love.

Emily POV:
"If your eyes turn red, do that mean hunger?" I asked as I noticed all of his family eyes turned red.

"Our eyes turn red for determination or anger" he said calmly...so his eyes were anger, not like his family that was determined.

"It just don't make any sense" I said as more question pile up "what?" He said as he glance at me.

"If they don't go out to work, how are they getting money?" I asked "Like I said, my family are into young blood not grown blood" Jiyong said.

"My father works at a company where there's no teenagers are kids there, but he can choose to eat grown up if he wants" he said as he stops the car at a red light.

"It's like going crazy for sweets and tolerate healthy food. My family go crazy over young blood" Jiyong said as he looks at me.

"B-but what about your-" I try to ask but got cut off "my mom wanted to be a teacher but it was too much for her so she became a auther who stays home writing stories" he said as if that was what I was gonna ask.

"No I mean your sister" I said as to correct him "well, she's home school...thats another reason why my mom works at home. To teach my little sister" he answered.

So they have never been near teenagers and younger for years?

I was in shock and had no more question. That is, until I saw his arm "Your arm" I said.

"Oh, no big deal it'll heal over time" he said as if it was no problem "But why you let her?" I ask him.

He sigh "remember when I ask if I could take some of your blood?" He asked and I hummed a yes.

"Well technically I was a little eager to do that, because your blood is so pure" he shyly said and stay looking at the road.

"Pure?" I asked "yeah, there's hardly anyone who doesn't smoke, have aids, drinks, have hiv, cancer or any other kind of disease" he explain.

"S-So vampires are obsess with pure, young blood?" I asked and he nod his head "and since I have your blood in my body, I can just let my family suck it out of me to satisfy them for just a little bit" he said.

"Oh, I understand now" I said as I picture it over again "but soon after I'll have to go hunt for a young blood for them, since they remember how great they tasted" he said with a plain look on his face.

"...sorry" I shyly said to him as I look down at my hands "It's okay, just had to learn the hard way about my family" he said as we reach the school.

"It's just so hard to remember and be cautious about since, all y'all look and act like humans" I said as I unbuckel my seatbelt.

"That's why parents tell you not to trust a stranger or go out alone at night" he said as got out the car.

"But you were a high school stranger and I trusted you more than anything that night" I mumble as I was the only person still in the car.

Please comment and vote