The Butterflies Fly Away

Adrien:

I was just about to return home, when my phone/baton rang.

I answered, hearing Ladybug's voice. The sound of it made my heart flutter.

"We've got a problem. Something catastrophic is going on. I think it may be an akuma." She stated. My mind was stuck on the word "catastrophic".

"Did you just-" A smile was forming on my face. Did she just use a cat pun?

"No." She cut me off. I could tell she regretted her choice in words.

"Then how did you know what I was talking about?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

"I need you here now," She said, changing the topic. "I'll text you the address."

"Sure thing, M'lady." I said gladly. That little bug changed the subject on me!

Five minutes later, I was with Ladybug, observing her expression. She looked concerned.

"Someone I know was kidnapped." She said. "I'm thinking the she was captured by someone who was akumatized. And by the same person as Chloé, the mayor's daughter."

"How do you know that it was someone who's akumatized?" I asked. This was getting interesting. A super villain had never before kidnapped people. What were they getting at?

"That's the thing. I saw Sabrina, the girl who was kidnapped, be pulled away by an invisible force... That's an odd form of irony." She said. I thought back to the time that Sabrina was akumatized; she had turned invisible.

"Where did she go?" I questioned. "Can we follow her?"

"She went down that street," Ladybug said. She pointed to a lit up street that ran right next to Marinette's bakery. "What's suspicious, though, is that as soon as she was starting to be pulled away, she disappeared too."

"What kind of akuma is this?" I was curious and concerned at the same time.

"I don't know," Ladybug said. "But we're going to find out."