Dark Cupid's Down

Marinette:

Despite my wanting to brainstorm and figure out the puzzle that was the kidnappings, my body was exhausted. So by the time that I should have been leaving for school, I was suddenly awakened by Tikki.

"Marinette!" She exclaimed in her cute, high-pitched voice. "You don't want to be late again, do you?"

I groaned. I peeked out from beneath my covers, groggily looking at the kwami. My eyes traveled to the alarm clock that was absolutely useless. It never woke me up; I always slept like a rock.

My eyes bulged. I tried -and failed- to get out of bed as quickly as possible. I got tangled in my blanket and landed harshly on the floor. Again, I groaned. I was so clumsy. Madly, madly clumsy.

As fast as I could, I got ready for school. I heard my phone buzz and saw that my best friend Alya had texted me.

Where r u, gurl?

i slept in on accident, I replied. b there soon

Five minutes later, I was walking into class looking like someone who was sleepwalking.

Maybe it was my sleepiness, or just my plain clumsiness, but I tripped on the door stop. The class laughed. All except for my friends, that is. My face burned; I was embarrassed. I got a look from the teacher and quickly sat down.

I instantly felt more self-conscious when I saw him. Adrien. My love. My wonderful, kind, amazing- 

Oh who was I kidding? I couldn't even talk to him. He wasn't my anything. I wished that he was, though.

I noticed, however, that he was sleep-deprived as well. I wonder what he did last night... maybe modeling.

Once I finally forced myself to pay attention, I noticed four students missing. My mind wrapped itself around the problem. Chat and I were the only ones who knew the truth. Chloé, Sabrina, and Mylene were kidnapped by the akumatized victim.

But why was Kim missing? While it was true that sometimes kids would occasionally skip class or take a sick day, my gut told me that he wasn't just sick or skipping... Was he kidnapped?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Girl, you zoned out today," Alya said after class. "Like, more than usual. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I had a busy night." I replied, glad for her concern. Again, I was reminded that I couldn't tell her the truth.

I walked home alone when Alya turned towards her house and I turned toward mine. When I got home, I had to finish the large amount of homework that I had somehow managed to get.

Once I finished with it all, I felt a wave of satisfaction. It wouldn't last long. I still had to meet Chat and take care of the akuma.

My mind was  spilling over with confidence. We can save them. And we will.