The Girl Behind The Glasses

Sabrina:

Cracked and damaged beyond repair, my glasses rested on the cold stone floor. The knees of my tights were worn and torn, all while I couldn't see a thing. Everything was a blur.

I could feel another presence in the room, though. It was a dark and mysterious aura.

"Let me out," I cried. Tears streamed down my face.

My hands were stretched out in front of me and I could feel the jagged edges of broken glass. Finally, my shaking fingers brushed up against something rough and wooden. It felt like a chair. Curiously, I stretched my arms out to the seat of the chair. Surely enough, there were my glasses.

I hastily put them on. I looked around the room and there was no one to be found.

But my glasses were on the floor, glass shattered. The oh-so-mysterious kidnapper must have replaced them.

I surveyed the rest of the blank room, finding nothing but a screen that already showed an image. I quickly found myself seated on the chair, watching what would happen next with a burning intensity.

Scene: Mr. Damocles is addressing the class.

Mr. Damocles: You only have one day to work on your fashion piece, and it must be your own design. In ten hours your fittest presentation will be judged by none other than the great fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, the father of our very own student Adrien Agreste. In fact, Adrien will model the winning design in his next photo shoot. And now, to announce this year's theme: derby hats

Marinette: Derby hats? (Chloé looks at them and makes a thumbs-down gesture.)

I was right there next to Chloé. I remembered this day! But why was I watching it over again?

Scene: Marinette paces in a hall, looking at her sketchbook and talking to Alya.

Marinette: Derby hat, derby hat, derby hat, derby hat...! I don't have any derby hat designs. I've got top hats, caps, even two-horned hats! Need a beret? I'm your girl. A sombrero? No problemo. But a derby! You know what? It won't even matter, 'cause I'm probably going to make a total fool of myself at the event. Most likely trip over my stupid derby and collapse on Mr. Agreste; give him a full-blown concussion and Adrien will hate me! I'll never be a world-renowned fashion designer. MY LIFE IS OVER!

Alya: All this over a derby hat? Let me see your sketchpad, girl. There must be something in here.

Alya was right, there had to be some kind of genius idea in there. Marinette was a fashion designing genius! 

If I ever said that out loud, though, Chloé would kill me.

Marinette: Forget it, I'm a disaster zone. I'll probably mess everything up in the end. (Adrien walks over.)

Adrien: Wow, Alya, (Marinette panics and hides behind the bench) those are some awesome designs. I didn't know you had such mad skills.

Alya: Uh, thanks Adrien, but I can't take the credit. These sick designs belong to Marinette. (Marinette gives a weak, embarrassed wave.) Off the chain, right?

Adrien: You're super talented, Marinette. You seriously have a good chance of winning.

Marinette: Well, um, yeah! I... like-- um, designs that-- um, (Alya makes motions to Marinette, who tries to interpret them)go upwards... while stopping... I mean, uh-- thanks?