The Horrificator Gets Horrified

Marinette:

We leapt into action, following the fading sound of footsteps. We traveled down the sidewalks right past my school and into a nearby alley.

The sound of the villain and Sabrina's shuffling had come to complete silence. I listened intently.

I heard a whimper from Sabrina directly behind us.

"Come on!" I shouted to Chat.

We bolted in the direction of the sound and came out onto the sidewalk again.

I heard a screech escape Sabrina's lips as I heard the akumatized victim evilly laugh.

And then there was not a peep more.
------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe I lost them." I grumbled.

"Hey, it wasn't your fault. You didn't lose them. We did." Chat said. He was trying to make me feel better, I suppose.

"Still... I should have gone after her in the first place. I should've known."

"No, Ladybug. You did the right thing." He stated. "Calling me for backup was the right call; if you went alone, you might've gotten hurt."

"I guess..." She trailed off. "But first things first. We need to figure out where they were taken and why."

I could already think of patterns that connected them. 

They were "friends". They were both bullies (although Sabrina might not have wanted to be). They were both in the same class.

I stated these facts that might be patterns and Chat Noir gave me a surprised look. "How do you know so much about them?" He questioned. Uh-oh.

"Um... we saved them a few times, remember?" I said. Hopefully he wouldn't push.

Luck seemed to be on my side. Maybe it was just me being a lucky bug that made him say simply, "Oh yeah."

Suddenly, we heard a scream.

Our eyes met, wide with fear for the person who had uttered that terrible sound. Without a word said, we both dashed in the direction of the shriek.

"Mylene!" I shouted.

And I saw her terrified face just before she disappeared into thin air.