Ladybug

Alya:

The dance had been doing fine up until some rude guy had thrown me to the ground with earth-shattering force, totally crashing the party.

When the the night had been younger, Nino had finally gotten Max (someone who at least knew something about electronics) to take over the music for a bit so that we could dance together. His glasses were hanging on the bottom of his nose; I gladly pushed them up for him when he pushed mine up too. I hadn't even noticed how low they were falling. I blushed and smiled.

I giggled at his appearance. He was wearing a suit jacket with a bowtie that had the same logo on it that was usually on his shirt. What made me laugh, though, was the fact that still, he wore his bulky headphones around his neck. And, to top it all off, he wore a fedora on his head. It looked weird on his head because he usually wore a simple red cap. He also wore blue tennis shoes with a matching blue ribbon that circled the cylinder part of his hat. He probably should have asked for Marinette's help with the outfit, but in that moment I didn't care.

So we swayed and danced until our feet felt sore. We went to the food table and brought drinks to a vacant bench and sat down. We sipped at our drinks and just talked. Mostly about random things, but at one point, Marinette and Adrien came into the conversation.

Their whole deal was confusing at times. I had told Nino about Adrien being Marinette's crush, but Marinette didn't know that Nino knew. Yeah, real confusing.

During our conversation, I said, "Yeah, I keep telling her, 'Girl, you gotta-'"

I stopped talking when I looked up and saw Marinette up in another classroom on the second floor through the window. She was crying. And what made her look suspicious was the fact that she had texted me earlier saying that she wasn't there yet and that she was going to be late. My eyes wandered and found Chat Noir looking at Marinette through the window. Chat Noir himself!

I abruptly rose from my seat, telling Nino what I saw. His eyes narrowed and found the window as well. "We should see what's up." Nino said.

"Yeah, she's got some explaining to do." I agreed.

Hand in hand, we started to walk to the other side of the large room.

That's when it hit me. I mean, something literally hit me. I was sent rocketing back with an unbelievable force.

It was so odd; Most of my hearing was muffled, but I could clearly hear my glasses crash into a million pieces. And I thought I could almost hear Ladybug screaming my name. My eyes were half lidded, half open, but completely unaware. I saw that Marinette had screamed my name and with a flash of pink light, Marinette was gone, replaced by Ladybug who was suddenly kneeling beside me.

The way events had played out, it almost looked as if Marinette was Ladybug... But that was probably just my mind making things up.

I looked up one last time at Ladybug's face that now held fresh, shiny tears.

Don't cry, Ladybug... You can do anything...

Then my vision went dark like a droplet of ink spreading throughout a body of water, just after seeing Nino say, "Thank you, Marinette." He looked right at Ladybug, my idol.