31

(Kasumi's POV)

After about four years (give or take), Shikaku was able to free me from that horrid scroll. Unfortunately, I am still human and no one has a clue on how to turn me back. To be totally honest, I miss having wings. Whenever I look up to the sky, I remember that I no longer have wings. I still have my role of patrolling the city but I can no longer do much of anything. I'm still learning the workings of a human body. It seems that humans get hungry much more often than I am used to so I spent a lot of time eating. The first time I went to eat when I was a human, I tried to eat raw meat. According to a panicked Tsunade, humans cannot eat raw meat or else they will get very sick. I took a bite of it anyways. After a couple of days, I had gotten sick from eating the raw meat. Humans are much weaker that I imagined. I'm still not good at walking either. I end up stubbing the fingers on my feet. The fingers on my feet are totally useless as an appendage. The only thing they do is cause you pain. I also learned that having thumbs is the best thing in the world! I can pick up stuff much easier and I've learned how to write to an extent. I have to give humans the benefit of the doubt though, their social lives are very important.

Anyways, today is the day that Naruto is supposed to return from his training with Jiraiya. From what I've been told, he was devastated after not being able to free me. I plan on waiting at the gate for him to come back. Apparently, I am not the only one to have thought of this idea. I remember Sakura and Hinata but there are others I do not recognize. They've all been giving me side glances. They must be confused on who I am. Before I have a chance to explain, a loud voice erupts.

"Guess who's back, dattebayo!!!"

"Naruto!" said the group collectively.

There was a big group hug and a bunch of questions on how strong he's gotten. I smiled at the scene and waited for Naruto to finish talking.

"Can you guys hold on a minute, I need to check on something really important." he suddenly said, walking from the group and towards the Hokage's building.

"Naruto, how-" I began before he cut me off.

"Sorry lady, I've got something I need to do." he said with a smile.

He ran from me, which made me scowl. I marched to the Hokage's building right after him. The door to Tsunade's office was closed but after quick calculations on who was inside, I swung the door wide open.

"Naruto!" I hollered.

You could visibly see him tense up before he turned around to face me.

"Is that any way to treat a friend?" I chuckled before sighing.

"Kasumi?" he asked, unsure.

I reached out to him and I see my hand. I am reminded of what I look like. I facepalm before I talk to him again.

"Got out of the scroll but I'm still human, deal with it. Now-"

"Kasumi!!" he shouts, giving me a rather tight hug. "I can't tell you how happy I am to see you again."

"Trust me, I think I know." I said, struggling for air.

"Oh, sorry. I just missed you so much and I wanted to make sure I wasn't dreaming." he mumbled.

"It's okay, I understand. Now where is that sorry excuse of a Sage?" I inquire.

"Probably still making his way in. I got too excited and ran ahead of him." Naruto chuckles, giving a wide smile.

"Take this reunion outside, I have work to do." Tsunade says, ruining the moment.

Naruto takes my hand and leads me outside.

"Yo, Pervy-Sage! It's Kasumi!" Naruto calls out to the familiar white haired man.

"Ah, I figured you'd be out sooner or later." he said dismissively.

I hit his arm.

"For all you know, I could've been stuck in that stupid scroll forever!" I snarled.

"Hey, hey, it doesn't matter does it? All that matters is that you're free. I don't want to lose another friend." Naruto says with sorrow in his eyes.

"You haven't lost a friend yet, don't look so sorrowful." I comforted, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"But I did. Sasuke left the village because I wasn't strong enough to stop him." Naruto confessed.

Someone then lightly thumped Naruto on his head.

"How many times have I told you that it's not your fault?" he questions.

"Kakashi-sensei..." Naruto greets.

I needed to get his attention focused back on me so I took his head in my hands and turned it towards me.

"I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but you can't blame yourself for Sasuke choosing to leave the village. If you want to blame anyone, blame Orochimaru. Never again do I want to hear that you're blaming yourself for this. Do you hear me? It's not your fault." I soothed.

Naruto looked as if he was about to cry.

"No, no, no! Don't cry! I'm bad with crying people!" I panicked, pulling him into another hug.

"Thank you, Kasumi" he whispered into my ear.

"Anytime."