•Chapter 16•

Yunmin's POV
____________________________

It was the time for me to leave I packed a few last things and put it in my backpack. I garbage my medium sized luggage as well. I put on my backpack and called out to ahjumma. I grabbed on to my crutches and made my way to the living room. The doctor came in yesterday to check me up since I guess he heard that I was going to a vacation, cause he gave me crutches to walk around a little bit better so I don't have to use my left leg as much. I got quite the hang of it, it was a bit hard at first but managed to learn quickly.

"Ah Yunmin-ah are you ready?" Ahjumma asked as she grabbed my luggage.

"Ne! I'm so excited!" I said as I jumped a little.

Ever since my dad told me that we were going on vacation, I was awake the whole night yesterday since it was the deadline. I can't sleep well when I'm excited.

"Let's go your father will be taking you to the airport." She said.

I nodded and followed behind her. She put my luggage at the back of the car. I went up to the passenger seat and waited for my dad. I looked over to my right and saw my dad talking to her while smiling. It's been so many years since I last saw him with a smile. The sad thing is that is not my mom, but someone else. Someone who he knew a long time ago. I got out my phone and sneakily took a picture of them.
I smirked and started to edit the picture. I hears the car door open.

"Ready sweetheart!" He said.

I nodded my head and kept editing the picture.
We drove for a while until I could almost see the airport. I quickly put on my backpack as my heart started to beat really fast out of excitement.

"I can't believe you still have full energy." My dad said impressed. "You sure you're not tired?"

I nodded my head as I looked out the window.
"I might sleep on the plane."

"You better young lady." He chuckled.

"Oh appa! I forgot to show you something." I said.
I got my phone out and showed him the picture I just took of him with Ahjumma. In the picture he was holding her hands tightly as they both gazed at each other.

"Wha-! Since when did you-!" He blushed.

I giggled, I shoved the picture in his face trying to make him look at it.
"Ooo~~ lovebirds~" I teased.

"I'm driving here! Don't distract me!"

"Dad we are stopped by a line of cars." I pointed out.

He chuckled nervously and looked out the window embarrassed. Everything was silent for a moment, until my dad spoke up.
"So what do you think of her?" He asked.

"Huh?" His question cut me off guard. What do I think of her? Well...
"She is really nice. But..."

My dad looked at me, I could tell his been waiting to ask me this question.

"I just don't think of her like that..." I said quietly. "It's not like I don't approve of you two dating. It's just kinda hard for me to imagine her being my new step mother."

"Then what do you see her as?"

"A... friend." I looked down, I didn't want to see my dad's face. I bet he doesn't-