"This Is My First Time."

I wake up in Kemo's arms. His eyes are shut, but I can tell he's awake. I've never seen him asleep before. I don't feel his wings anymore and I kind of miss the softness of them.

His eyes open and he gives me a small smile before shutting his eyes again.

"Sophia Lee! You better be up!" My dad calls. I immediately freak out because he is going to see Kemo. I get off the bed and motion for him to move, but he doesn't. Dad opens the door and he crosses his arms. "Sophia, Amos is down stairs and you aren't even ready. Don't keep the boy waiting." Dad says before he leaves the room. I hold my heart barely breathing. Kemo wraps his arms around me setting me on the bed.

"Do you need CPR?" He jokes and I shake my head. I finally get air in my lungs and push at his chest.

"Kemo! You could've been caught. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack." I breathe. Kemo laughs pulling me into a standing position.

"I'm here, you'll always be ok." He whispers and puts his head on my forehead.

"I guess I better get ready, Amos is down stairs." I tell him. He laughs and nods his head.

"I'll see you at school," he says before exiting through the widow. I hurry and get dressed and run down stairs. Dad is on the couch talking to Amos. They both are a deep conversation.

Amos stands up after finishing his conversation and struts over to me. He grabs my bag and ushers me along.

"Bye, dad." I say. He says bye to both of us and we leave. Amos turns to me as I get into his sports car.

"You were just with Kemo." He states rather than asks. "I can smell him," he smiles and winks. He goes around his sports car hoping in. He starts it up and we head toward school. "Are you in love with your guardian angel?" He asks wagging his eyebrows.

"No, we are just good friends." I stare and he rolls his eyes.

"Good friends don't sleep together, babe." He chirps. "Unless you all are really really close, but Kemo is not like that."

"We are friends, we haven't done anything. No, kissing or anything like that. I have hugged him though, but everyone does that." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"But you sleep in the same bed."

"You're making my brain hurt!" I whine. He rolls his eyes and mutters whatever.

He pulls up to the school. We get out and I see my truck in the parking lot. No scratches. I wonder if he's guarding me car too. I think to myself. I glance at the truck once more before following Amos into the school.

...

Theo and Sage sit at our table as well as Kemo and Jacob. Those two never sit with us.

Theo sits next to me offering me some of his food. I turn him down until he brings out donuts.

"Theo! The love of my life is in your hands!" I cry catching the attentions of Amos and Kemo. Theo gives me donuts and I savior them. He smiles at me as I eat the donuts. "Thank you," I smile back.

"Anytime, Soph." He says and leans his hand on his arm. "Are you busy later?" He asks. Just as I get ready to answer Kemo interrupts me.

"Yeah, she's busy." Theo turns his attention to Kemo who's is glaring at him. And I thought girls had drama.

"Let her answer for herself." Theo sneers. They both face me, actually the whole table faces me.

"I'll come see you after I'm done at a Kemo's." I smile. Theo nods his head in agreement. "Kemo, I have cheer after school again. You're stuck here, again." I laugh and he groans.