2.

Jimin came back the next day, but Jungkook was still at school when he came in.

Another human was at the counter and he didn't recognize the girl.

Jimin simply sat in his usual spot at the counter, avoiding eye contact with the girl.

Eventually, she went into the kitchen and then Jungkook's mom came out and they greeted one another.

"How are you? Did you sleep well?" She asked.

"I'm fine. I slept okay," he nodded.

"Are you hungry? I can get you a bowl of chili. How's that sound?"

"I'd love to try some," Jimin smiled and nodded, his feet swaying in the air.

"Okay, I'll be right back. Jungkook should be here within the hour as well."

"Okay," Jimin smiled, "Thank you, Mrs. Jeon."

"You're welcome sweetie-pie," she smiled.

Jimin blushed at the endearment. He'd noticed she said things like that all the time to anyone and everyone, but to him it felt like a praise.

"Hey, Kwangso!" A familiar voice drew Jimin's attention towards the front of the room.

Jungkook had just come in and was walking around the tables greeting everyone.

Maybe he did know everyone, Jimin thought. He did the same thing with the people who came for lunch on the weekends. Jimin noticed it during his first visit to the soup kitchen.

When Jungkook made it to the counter, he smiled at Jimin before taking a seat beside him, "Nice to see you back so soon."

"Oh, um....yeah," Jimin dropped his head and blushed, "I...I thought I could help again."

Jungkook chuckled and got up, "I'm gonna go and drop my stuff in the office. I'll be right back. Could you watch this for me?" Jungkook pulled his cellphone out and laid it in front of Jimin.

The Hybrid was going to protest, but Jungkook was already disappearing into the kitchen.

He pouted to himself, flicking his tail lightly, and laid his palm over the device.

The screen was smooth and undamaged. Jimin's first thought was that Jungkook takes good care of his stuff. Which he realized was true when he caught sight of Jung's Iron Man comic laying neatly under the back counter.

Jungkook came back, tying an apron around his waist. He glanced up at Jimin, smiling at the lost look on his face.

The younger stepped closer, noticing how Jimin was running his finger around the edges of his phone screen.

He leaned down and watched the Hybrid for a while. Jimin seemed really out of it this time. Jungkook was almost right in his face and the older still hadn't looked up.

Jimin's finger had gone around about twenty times when Jungkook finally, sweetly, let out a "Jimin-ah?"

The Hybrid jolted back, a soft mewl leaving his throat. Once he focused on Jungkook, he calmed down, "Oh, um...here," he pushed the phone towards the younger.

Jungkook smiled down at the device; at how Jimin's fingers weren't even half the length of one of the long sides. "Why don't you hang on to it for me? Until closing. It always distracts me anyway."

"I c-couldn't-"

"Course you can," Jungkook smiled and stood up straight, "Does Momma know you're here?"

"Yes, I do," Jungkook's mom announced as she came from the kitchen, a bowl of fresh, hot chili in her hands.

"I'll get you some water," Jungkook said, turning to head back into the kitchen.