12.

Jungkook hated Jonghyun.

But he loved the guy's house.

He loved the room layout of it and where the stairs were. He really liked how big it was and that every step he took echoed off the high ceilings.

"Don't get too impressed, Kookie," Jimin giggled, pushing his bedroom door open, "It really isn't fun to clean all this."

Jungkook went into the room after Jimin motioned for him to, finding it messy and so....so Jimin.

There were nice clothes thrown all over the floor, as well as clothes that Jungkook remembered Jimin having when he left for Ilsan.

His eyes fell on Jimin's bed while the older dug around in his walk-in closet.

Hanging off Jimin's headboard was the black hoodie Jungkook bought him all those years ago.

He moved over and picked it up, a bit happy that he found a hole in the front pocket. Jimin must've worn it a lot and that made him....feel funny.

"Happy Birthday to you," Jimin came out of the closet singing, making Jungkook turn around. Jimin's eyes landed on the hoodie, yet he threw on a smile and held out the box in his hands, "Here, Jungkookie."

Kook moved over, the hoodie still tucked into his left hand, and he took the box from Jimin, flipping it over to the top.

"Hyung," the younger sighed.

"I know," Jimin pouted, grabbing Jung's arm, "But you wanted one so bad...I had the money, Kookie and it's your birthday gift."

"These are expensive," Jung sat down on the bed, setting the box to the side.

"I know. I know....but it's...touchscreen so you can save your drawings on it and do your assignments and-"

"Hyung, it's a really nice gift, seriously and I love it, so much. But this...they cost way too much."

"Jungkook," Jimin took his hoodie and bundled it in his lap, "I have a good job and I could afford it. This is my gift to you and you better accept it. If you sell it for anything and hand me a single penny I will never forgive you."

Kook stared at the box for a while, playing with his fingers, "That's really harsh, Hyung."

Jimin rolled his eyes and laid his hoodie between them.

"I'm sort of surprised you kept that," Jungkook smiled, pointing to the black bundle between them, "I didn't think...it was that cool looking."

"It's comfy," Jimin shrugged, "And it's...one of the first things you got me. It means a lot to me."

Jungkook nodded, his eyes falling to the floor. After a while he mumbled, "It's pretty crazy how we just...how we became family without anyone asking why."

Jimin giggled, standing up and stretching. The movement caught Kook's attention, but his eyes wandered once he realized how good Jimin looked. He's finally healthy.

"You were so excited to have someone to play games with."

"Hey, one player mode gets boring after seventeen years. I deserved a player two."

"Yeah," Jimin smiled to himself as he moved to his vanity, "You did. You deserve a lot for how selfless you are, Jungkookie. That's why I'm giving back, okay? Because I appreciate how you and your family took me in...had me registered....protected me and loved me."

"You're part of the family, hyung. We love you because you're lovable. And nice. And a good cook. And gentle."

"Okay," Jimin laughed out, "I understand. Thank you. I love you, too."