17.

After driving around for a while, they found a hole-in-the-wall BBQ place that welcomed adopted Hybrids.

If anyone asked, Jungkook could just say he owned Jimin to keep an argument from breaking out. After all, Jimin was wearing his collar again.

At the thought, Jungkook looked over and smiled at Jimin. His boyfriend was playing with the salt grinder-- trying to figure out how to grind it with one hand so he could catch it in the other.

Ji glanced up quickly and noticed he was being watched, "What?" He blushed and put the salt grinder down.

"Nothing," the younger shook his head, "Just....this is nice. Let's do this more."

"You mean like how we have family dinner every week?"

"Yeah," Kook nodded and pushed a hand through his hair, "But like....call it date night."

"Oh, that's what you meant," Jimin laughed and leaned back in his chair, "I don't know. Maybe I get enough of you at home," he sighed.

"Aw, don't say that. Don't make me cry, Hyungie," the Human pouted playfully and started to wipe water droplets on his cheeks.

"Stop, you weirdo!" Jimin laughed and covered his face as he looked around the restaurant. "Don't make me look as silly as you!"

"Aw, but Hyung," Kook sighed and wiped his face off, "We're both idiots and that's why we're here."

A small giggle from the Omega made Jung grin while he wiped water off the table. His boyfriend was really so adorable.

"Kookie, when we get home, will you brush my hair and tail?"

"Of course, Babe."

There was a pause as Jimin registered what he'd been called, then he blushed and started playing with the tags on his collar.

"Um....was...that too much, or-"

"No," Jimin smiled softly, but his eyes stayed glued to the tabletop, "I...I don't mind the nickname."

"Good," Jungkook breathed out, a huge smile on his face.

∆∆∆∆∆

"Hyung, seriously, you have to take better care of your fur. You know it tangles easily."

"I know, Kookie, but it's not fun," the Hybrid groaned, flinching as Jungkook tried to get the big knot out of his tail.

"One day I might have to cut it out. And that could leave a bald spot if it's close enough to the skin."

"What?!"

"Relax, I don't have to cut it this time. But you should be more responsible for things like this. It's just like brushing your teeth. It's not fun, but it's a good idea."

Jimin wiggled around at that and Jungkook sighed.

"When was the last time you brushed your teeth?"

"Kookie!"

"Hyung!"

"Few days ago," Jimin mumbled.

The younger exhaled, "You're gonna get a cavity or gingivitis or something."

"But Kookie- OW!"

"Sorry," the Human quickly wrapped his arms around Jimin's shoulders and kissed his cheek, "Sorry. It's a little knot, it'll hurt more. Just try to stay still."

"Okay," Jimin pouted, playing with the fabric of his pants.

"We're brushing our teeth after this," the Human said.