8.

Jimin had been waiting for this day for three, long-ass years.

He'd been waiting to bake this cake and put up streamers and balloons with Mrs. Jeon.

He'd been waiting.

Waiting for Jungkook to come home from college. Come home for longer than a few days during holidays. Come home and let Jimin spend more than his fair share of six hours with his human.

Jimin had been waiting all this time and now the wait was finally over.

"Jimin-ah," Mrs. Jeon placed her hands on the Hybrid's shoulders, "That looks beautiful as well as delicious."

"Really?" Jimin smiled, earning a nod from her, "Thank you, Momma."

Mrs. Jeon left a peck against the Hybrid's cheeks before she walked over to grab another bag of balloons. (They'd gotten a lot of balloons.)

"I'm so excited to see him," she sighed, smiling and putting a balloon onto the helium nozzle, "I bet you are too, am I right?"

"Yeah, I'm excited. I missed him a lot."

"Me too."

∆∆∆∆∆

"Eomma, Appa, Jimin hyung!" Jungkook pushed the front door open, tugging his suitcase into the house.

There were thunderous footsteps coming from upstairs, hurried ones that made Jungkook laugh as he slipped off his shoes.

"Jungkook!" His mother squealed and ran to him, knocking him back a step with the force they'd collided.

"Hey Momma," Kook smiled to himself, hugging her back.

Jimin quietly stepped into the entry hall, letting Taemin hug his son next as the father passed him.

Jungkook's eyes connected with Jimin's before he and his father hugged, but the contact didn't last long. Jimin threw his eyes to the ground, having to hold the doorframe to steady himself.

"We've missed you so much," Mahi smiled, wiping her eyes without messing up her mascara.

"Missed you guys too," Jungkook smiled, a laugh leaving him as his mother tackled him in another hug.

"Oh!" Mahi pulled back and hurried into the house, "Jimin made an ice cream cake!"

"Made an ice cream cake?" Jungkook's eyes grew wide and he stared at the Hybrid.

"I-It wasn't much, really-"

"He makes all kinds of things," Taemin interjected, "Lots of desserts and lots of good meals. He cooks well enough to feed an old pig like me."

"Thank you," Jimin squeaked, his fingers tangling together in front of his stomach.

Taemin chuckled and pat his son on the back before he went further into the house, saying something about the ice cream cake.

Jungkook stared at the Hybrid for a bit longer, taking in how well he'd grown up.

Jimin's facial features were much sharper and his cheeks skinnier. His hair was dyed, seemingly recently, to a deep red color.

The Hybrid also seemed fuller throughout his body; hips thicker and wider, torso a bit thicker, and thighs plumper.

Jungkook was astonished that Jimin changed so much- from the teenage, baby faced Hybrid that he was- in just three years.

He didn't feel like he himself had changed all that much.

"You should eat," Jimin muttered.

"Really?" Jungkook smiled and held out his arms, "I don't even get a hug first?"