3.

Jungkook spent most of his time at the soup kitchen, just because Jimin always knew he could find him there.

They became close over the next month, Jimin coming in every day and helping out as much as he could.

Jungkook liked it. He felt like he finally had a friend who wasn't constantly talking about what their future Hybrid was gonna be.

It really annoyed Jungkook to hang out with people at school sometimes. There were only three people (two not including himself) who were openly species-equality activists.

One was a senior that Jungkook hadn't ever talked to, the other was Kim Tae Hyung. Jungkook could probably call Taehyung his best friend. Or maybe second best friend.

"Kookie, Seokjin-ah's here," Jimin called into the kitchen, smiling as the younger nodded at him.

Jimin was ecstatic to have a friend. He wasn't sure if Jungkook considered him a friend, but even if he didn't Jimin adored the younger male.

He was so caring, although a bit timid at times, and generous. Jimin loved how giving Jungkook was. He also loved how stupid the younger acted when they were the only two in the kitchen.

"Here ya go, hyung," Jungkook handed the bowl of tomato soup to Jimin, "Grilled cheese'll be done in a second, I'll take it out."

"Okay," Jimin smiled, grabbing the bowl and taking it to Seokjin. He notified the older about his sandwiches then went into the kitchen to get started on washing the dishes.

"Aw, hyung, wait. I'll help you," Jungkook pouted.

"I'm just starting the water, Kookie," Jimin giggled, pulling on the rubber gloves he always used.

Jungkook smiled over his shoulder at the older then made a weird bird sound that had Jimin doubling over in laughter.

Kook left him that way when he took Seokjin's grilled cheese out to him. He came back to find Jimin giggling as he dropped bowls into the dishwater.

Jungkook pulled a clean dish towel from the drawer, then waited for Jimin.

"What is going on with you two today?" Mrs. Jeon asked as she came in from the office, "You've been very bubbly all day long."

Jungkook shrugged, "I had bubble tea on my way here, maybe that's it."

"Must be," she shook her head slightly, "Aw, did you boys take care of Seokjin-ssi?"

"Yeah," Jung nodded, turning around once Jimin laid a bowl in the empty basin.

"That's nice of you," she smiled, "Jungkook, if I leave the keys here, can you close up? I need to take the laundry home and get started."

"Yeah, we got it, Momma."

"Great, thank you boys," she moved over and kissed Jungkook's head, then lightly hugged the Hybrid before she left.

The two worked in silence for a while, then Jungkook went out to the counter once the bell rang.

Jimin heard his friend thank Seokjin for stopping by and then he was coming back in with another bowl and plate.

"Seokjin-hyung is a nice guy," Jungkook remarked.

"Seems so," Jimin nodded.

They fell quiet again.

Jimin got a sudden cold chill down his back, despite the heat being on in the building. His tail flicked to the left as he tensed up and he accidentally hit Jungkook.

The younger looked to him, seeing the blush that was spread over Ji's face, "You okay?"

"Cold chill," Jimin whispered, "Sorry."