9.

"Sucks you have to go so soon," Mahi sighed, helping Jungkook pack his things.

"I know. I have classes though," he replied, shoving his birthday gift (a new camera) into his suitcase and then surrounding it with clothes.

"Promise to come back for Lunar New Year. You missed the last two years," Mahi smiled.

"Promise," Jungkook turned and gave her a small hug, "I gotta go. A friend's waiting for me at the airport."

"Oh," Mahi lost her smile as her son pulled away and zipped up his suitcase, "Doesn't he know you won't be there until the morning?"

"He does, but he's weird like that. He told me he didn't wanna be late so he's gonna sleep in his car," Jungkook laughed.

She nodded in reply then sighed as Jung picked up his bags.

"Love you Momma," he smiled.

"Love you baby," she gave a weak, sad smile, but Jungkook was already leaving the room.

∆∆∆∆∆

Taemin drove Jungkook to the airport and came back to find his wife in tears as she sat on the living room sofa.

When he asked what was wrong she shoved a letter in his face and ran off to the backyard.

∆∆∆∆∆

Lunar New Year happened the week before Jungkook was able to visit home.

When he got there, he was greeted by his parents, but no Hybrid.

When he asked about Jimin, his mother burst into tears and left him with his father.

"What's wrong? Is Jimin hyung okay?"

"He's fine, but he," his dad glanced behind himself before he sighed and continued, "He moved out."

"What? When?"

"Same day you went back to Ilsan."

"Why didn't he tell me he was leaving?"

"He didn't tell anybody. He left a letter. He didn't tell us his address, but he stops by every weekend."

Jungkook's shoulders slumped and he nodded in understanding, but his brow was furrowed as if he were confused.

"C'mon," Taemin sighed, "Let's take your stuff up and then we can find your mother."

∆∆∆∆∆

Later that night, Jungkook was wandering around the house, looking at all the photos his mother had recently hung up.

She had pictures of the soup kitchen (which sadly had to be shut down) and photos of her and Taemin when they were younger.

There were lots of pictures of Jungkook as a kid and even a few of Jimin from birthdays that had passed while he was living with the Jeons. Jungkook was in one of those birthday photos.

He couldn't keep looking at all the memories for much longer and he found himself in Jimin's room a few minutes later.

There was nothing but furniture left in that room.

Jungkook went through the closet, hoping to find a jacket or something Jimin left; went through the drawers of his dresser. There was nothing. No sign that Jimin would ever be back.

Jungkook stood beside the bed for a while, staring at the comforter and hoping that Jimin's tattered blanket would still be underneath if he pulled back the sheets.