16.

I walked Bruno through the doors of our home. He just got released from the hospital today and he was so happy to be going home. I was happy to be home myself with him. This man had put up with a lot in the last two years that we've been together. He had my heart.
"I have everything set up for you. I'm gonna bring you breakfast, lunch and dinner every day until you heal." I said helping his sit down. "And if you're really lucky I'll even give you a sponge bath." I said flirtatiously in his ear.
"Mmm. That sounds nice. Why don't we start now?" he asked.
"Nice try. I gotta go to the studio. But Phil is coming over to keep you company until I get back." I said. "Are you gonna be alright without me?"
"Never." He said.
"That's what I like to hear." I said. I kissed him and then walked into the bedroom to get dressed. I put on my favorite pair of jeans, my black tank top and my black flip flops. I put my hair in a high pony tail and fixed my makeup before walking out to the living room. Phil was sitting there with Bruno and they were both laughing together. I smiled at Phil. "Hey Phil. What's up?" I asked.
"Not much mama." he said. I didn't know why he called me mama. It started a long time ago and stuck.
"Okay. I'm going. I'll be back in a couple hours. Phil, no rough housing with him. He just had surgery." I said pointing at Phil.
"Yes boss." he said.
"Baby you don't have to coddle me. Just go and have a great time and I'll see you when you get home." Bruno said.
I walked over to him and kissed him once. "Okay. I love you."
"I love you too." he said.
I walked out of the house, got in my car and headed straight for the studio.

-

BRUNOS P.O.V.

Katie just left leaving me alone with Phil. He was my best friend and has been for quite a while. He knew me like the hack of his hand.
"So what's the haps man?" he asked sitting down right next to me.
"What do you think of Katie?" I asked.
"What do you mean? You know what I think of her." He said.
"No. I mean like to you think she's a keeper?"
"Of course. Why?"
"I think I'm gonna propose." I said.
"What?"
"I have the ring. I've had it for a few weeks now. And I had her manager set up a photo shoot for her where she's gonna be in bridal gowns and I'm gonna propose to her in the middle of it." I said.
"That's great man. When did you decide this?"
"Around the time that she shot her father for me." I said.
"But that was just a week ago. You said you've had the ring for a few weeks."
"Yeah. Well I've been thinking about it for a while but I never made the decision until now."
"Wow. Well I'm happy for you man. I think you two deserve this. You deserve to be happy and Katie is one hell of a girl." He said.
"I know she is. I love her more than I've ever loved anyone in my life." I said.
"I know you do. We've all seen it. You're different with her than you were with anyone else. We're all very happy for you man and honestly it's about time."
"Yeah it is huh?" I asked.

-

Phil and I sat there and kept talking to each other until Katie came storming through the door excitedly. "Oh my god! Oh my god! Babe! Guess what? Guess what?" she said jumping in front of me. I had managed to stand up so now I was in front of her.
"Woah. Calm down." I said chuckling.
"Sorry." she said as she calmed herself down.
"What's going on?"
"Lisa called me and she said that there's a bridal magazine that wants me to do a photo shoot for them on Friday. That's amazing right?" she asked.
I pulled her into me and embraced her while I smiled at Phil. Now he knew I wasn't joking. My plan was set in motion and on Friday Katie was gonna be wowed by my proposal.

-

KATIES P.O.V.

Today I was doing the photo shoot for the bridal magazine. It was amazing. All of the dresses and accessories were just gorgeous. I felt like a real bride and it got me thinking about how I really wanted all of that. A wedding. A marriage. I wanted it all and I wanted it with Bruno. Who knew when that would be.
"Oh look at you. You look amazing." Jennifer said. She was the one taking the pictures.
"Thank you. I love these dresses so much I might take one home." I said.
She chuckled. "Well maybe someday I'll give you a discount for doing this."
"Alright. What Are we doing with this one?" I asked.
"There's a small chapel right in that door. You'll go in there and there's a guy waiting at the end. I'll take pictures of you walking and holding the guys hands." she said.
"Alright. Let's get this done" I said.
I walked through the doors and immediately stopped. Bruno was standing at the end of the aisle dressed in a tuxedo and a smile. I smiled at him and then started walking so Jennifer could get the pictures. When I got to Bruno he lifted the veil.
"What Are you doing here?" I asked.
"I just thought I'd watch you work. And I have a quick question for you." he said.
"What's that?"
He got on one knee and I knew right away what he was doing. Oh god! He took a ring out of his pocket and showed it to me. He smiled at me. "Katie, for as long as I can remember I have had only one person I could depend on. One person that I felt was reliable and that was myself. And then you came into the picture and I found that reliability in you. I found a stillness and a bravery in you that I never had before. I love you so much And it would mean the world to me if you would say yes to being my wife." He said.
I had a few tears falling from my eyes. He really knew how to pull my heart strings. I nodded my head. "Yes. Yes I'll marry you. I love you." I said.
He stood up slowly since he was still healing and hugged me tightly before putting the ring on my finger. I pressed my lips to his and kissed him out of happiness. This was one of the best days of my life.

-

I got the photo shoot done and Bruno and I went home. I was so happy and I couldn't stop thinking about or looking at the ring. It was just so beautiful.
Right now we were on the couch. I just kept staring at the ring. "What's going through that pretty mind of yours?" Bruno asked.
I looked at him and smiled. "I'm just so happy. I mean with everything that we've been through together I had my doubts that we would ever end up in this moment. But I'm so glad we did. You make my heart flutter. And you just make every day better when I'm with you. I love you so much."
"Me too. I'm glad I have you in my life." He said. He leaned over to my ear. "And I was thinking I need a sponge bath."
I looked at him and smiled. "Right away Mr. Mars." I said in a sexy tone. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up leading him to the bathroom. He had a Jacuzzi in his bathroom which went great for stuff like this. I filled the Jacuzzi and motioned for Bruno to get in. He obeyed and I grabbed a sponge and started going over his body with it. He smiled at me and I could tell what he was thinking.
"Don't you dare." I said.
"I'm not doing anything." he said. Before I could respond he grabbed me and pulled me into the Jacuzzi while I was fully clothed.
"Oh. No you didn't." I said laughing.
"I did. Come here." he pulled me close to him and kissed me. He pulled my shirt off and tossed it.
"Wait. You're gonna get the floor wet." I chuckled.
"We'll clean it up later." he said pulling me back him. Our lips met again and eventually all of my clothes were off and I was straddling him. "I love you so much Katie. My heart is forever yours." he said breathlessly.
"I love you too."
We went back to kissing and we made love in the Jacuzzi. My life right now couldn't be any better.