L is for Lena

Me and Alex talked for ages about Eliza's birthday and in the end we decided on a barbecue if its sunny (fingers crossed) and if its not then a nice family meal out at a fancy restaurant out of town. Alex refused to give me anymore info on her new found friend Maggie, i dont even know her second name, Alex says she doesn't either but i dont believe her. Anyway moving on from then all my friends are still at that stupid camping field trip or whatever it is they're doing so i decided to go to this university open day, i can't even remember the name of it now but hey a road trips a road trip right? Still haven't seen Lena again and ive been walking around this boring town A LOT to try and grab another glimpse of her but she has seriously given up the ghost. 

*********************************************************************************************

"Alex can i borrow your car?" Kara shouted as she hurtled down the stairs in the Danvers house, Kara was never a very organised person and was never on time to anything, although she still put time keeping as a skill on her university applications. Kara shoved her shoes on as quickly as possible not even bothering to grab something for breakfast, which was extremely unusual for her especially when there was leftover pizza in the fridge from last nights dinner. "Alex!" Kara shouted again, grabbing her coat and putting her purse and house key in the zippy pocket which she shut immediately, always paranoid that she would lose her purse and someone would assume her identity and take part in some sort of organised crime. 

"Why do you need my car?" Alex said appearing from the downstairs bathroom with toothpaste plastered on her chin, Alex was not a morning person, not one bit. Kara rolled her eyes sometimes talking to her sister was like trying to have a conversation with a brick wall. 

"I told you i have that university open day thingy" Kara said, bringing her infamous pout to the surface when she saw Alex's hesitation about letting her baby sister borrow her pride and joy. Alex groaned and put her hand in her own pocket bringing out her car keys and handing them to and eager Kara. "Thank you!" Kara said in high pitch voice giving her sister a quick hug. 

"You break Doris and i break you" Alex said in a serious tone, Kara raised her eyebrows and tried her best to stifle the incoming fits of laughter, did Alex seriously just call her car 'Doris.' "Maggie invited me to this thing tonight hopefully she'll be able to give me a lift" Alex said casually shrugging her shoulders. 

"Wait a minute Danvers, you and Maggie are going on a date?" Kara questioned raising her voice in a joking way, Alex started to blush, her palms growing sweaty with nerves. 

"Im not gay Kara" Alex said, Kara rolled her eyes she wasn't going to say anything seriously Alex had to figure it out on her own but Kara's gaydar was going off anytime Alex was near her, she gay. 

"Sure Jan" Kara said before running out the front door closing it behind her carefully not wanting wake Eliza or Jeremiah, but she had to get out of there before Alex took 'Doris' back. Kara jumped into her sisters car and drove down the main street of Mystic Falls, deep down she couldn't wait to leave this small town she always liked the idea of living in a big city like New York or Boston, somewhere in New England thats for sure. Now the most important part of the road trip, picking the playlist. Kara plugged her phone into 'Doris' sound system, she shifted through her songs and then clicked on 'Power' by Little Mix, her song of the moment. 

"Oh im a machine when i do it, I'll be catching fire, gasoline when i do it" Kara belted out along with her favourite girl band, especially Perrie, she was her favourite. Suddenly the Car started to buckle and making what could only be described as a dying, losing the will to live screech, not to dissimilar to sounds she had heard Alex make when she had to wake up particularly early. The car came to a slow stop. Kara tried restarting the motor but it was to no avail, 'Doris' had died and Kara wouldn't be far behind once Alex found out. Kara opened the car door and got out as she opened the bonnet, she had no idea what she was looking for but she had to try. 

"Need some help" a voice from behind her asked, Kara whipped her head round so fast her glasses almost flew off the tip of her nose. It was Lena, the voice was Lena. Kara suddenly got all flustered as she felt her face reddening under the stare of that raven haired beauty. "I'll take that as a yes" Lena said as she approached the car and started fiddling about with all the wires and god knows else under the bonnet. Kara just stared, god did she look hot right now, and that view from behind, wow. Doris sprung back to life as Lena put the bonnet back into place, turning around to face Kara. "All done" Lena announced wiping her now greasy hands on her skin tight ripped black jeans showing pale skin. 

"t-t-t-thank you" Kara spluttered out, Lena smiled as she began to walk away, Kara knew she had to say something fast, who knows when the next time she would see Lena again would be. "Hey Lena fancy a road trip?" Kara managed to say rather confidently to her surprise, and that was smooth as hell way to go Danvers you talked to a cute girl thats one for the scrapbook. 

"Only if you promise you're not a mass murderer" Lena said, Kara giggled, calm down Danvers it wasn't that funny, what a dork. 

"I promise" Kara said, Lena nodded and walked towards the car, opening the door and closing it behind her she was now siting comfortably in the passenger seat. Kara took her seat in the drivers seat as she switched on the ignition and put 'Doris' into gear, as soon as she pulled away the music started playing automatically and automatically Kara started singing.   

"Start my engine, push the button cause I'm gon' be coming first"Kara sang loudly along with Little Mix. As soon as Kara sung that deadly line her face darkened almost to the shade of a ripe plum. Lena had no reaction, Kara breathed a sigh of relief. 

"Good to know" Lena said quietly which only made Kara turn into a beetroot, boy was this road trip going to be fun

Authors Note:   

Hey guys thank you for all the reads, comments and votes it means a lot. 

dont forget to check out my other Supercorp fic 'Supercorp Nervous Lesbian Laughter' and my Swanqueen fic 'Swanqueen is the new black' and my original story 'Stereotypers'

thank you!