Match makers

"I brought your clothes back" Kara repeated looking into the bright green eyes guarding the door, Lena looked down at the freshly washed and ironed Slytherin hoodie lying on top of the neatly folded pair of leggings. Kara smiled tilting her head slightly to the side, waiting to be welcomed into the Salvatore mansion, but Lena had other ideas, she quickly took the pile of clothes from Kara, a glare staking her face the entire time before slamming the door shut, almost knocking Kara's glasses to the ground. "A thank you would have been nice!" Kara shouted through the old wooden doors, scowling as she spat out the words not even sure that Lena could hear her. 

"Yeah you're right it would have been!" Lena's voice shouted back quickly, Kara sighed, turning away from the Salvatore mansion, she began her long walk back to her own house. 

***********************************************************************************************

Kara opened the door to her house and trailed up the stairs heading straight for Alex's room, she really needed to talk to her about what happened this weekend, with the whole Rebekah scenario and how Lena had ended up just giving Alex her stolen car, no strings attached apart from perhaps some jail time. Kara walked into Alex's room and flopped down on the bed with a grown. 

"Can we help you Kara?" Alex asked from her seat on the floor of her bedroom, leaning against a full length mirror that was thick with fingerprints and different scatter trails of dust all over it. Kara sat up and to her surprise to sets of eyes were staring back at her, one belonging to Alex and the other to Maggie. 

"Sorry I didn't realise you had company I'll come back later" Kara mumbled getting off the bed slowly, Alex rolled her eyes knowing that Kara really wanted to stay and ask what was going on between herself and Maggie, she was far to curious for her own good. 

"No its okay stay" Maggie said confidently, earning a raised eyebrow from Alex, who obviously wasn't very happy with that suggestion. "I'm just teaching Alex how to play cards, come on you can join in" Maggie said while dealing a new set of cards for the new addition of Kara to the game. Kara smiled happily, shooting her sister a smug look before sitting down on the floor beside Maggie and her sister. "So little Danvers I heard theres a eighty's theme dance this Friday at school, have you got a date yet?" Maggie asked, raising an eyebrow cheekily, Kara started to turn red, of course she was going to ask Lena to go with her but at the moment there was a very slim chance of that happening. 

"Oh yeah Kara I forgot about the dance, who's the lucky lady?" Alex asked, happy to see the smug expression sharply wipe of Kara's face. Kara shrugged her shoulders shyly, not wanting to go into the whole Lena problem with Maggie in the room, yeah sure she seemed nice and she was a cop but this was personal and to Kara, Maggie was still a stranger. 

"You should totally ask that  girl you were talking with yesterday, there seemed to be some serious sexual tension there" Maggie said off handily, Kara's eyes must have doubled in diameter in embarrassment of what Maggie was referring to, which was obviously her fight with Lena. 

"What girl?" Alex asked curiously, Kara never answered she wasn't even sure how to start explaining the situation. 

"Lena, Lena Salvatore, right Kara?" Maggie asked a little unsure if she had got the name wrong, Kara just nodded in response her beetroot face still staring at the carper praying that the floor would suddenly come alive and eat her whole. 

"Of course, It all makes sense now" Alex said, nodding along in agreement with Maggie, Kara just furrowed her eyebrows, Alex was taken aback at by how oblivious Kara was with the whole situation, it was actually laughable. "She gave me a really expensive car so you wouldn't get in trouble for killing Doris" Alex explained, Kara was still confused at what that had to do with anything. "For fuck sake Kara, she is blatantly in love with you!" Alex shouted, shaking Kara's shoulders with her strong hands. 

"You really should ask her little Danvers" Maggie reiterated, Kara sighed heavily remembering that Lena refused to even talk to her just two hours ago when she handed back her clothes, there was no way she would agree to going to a stupid high school dance with her, especially seeing as she wasn't even in high school and Kara still had no idea how old she actually was. 

"She would never say yes" Kara mumbled, pushing her glasses up hoping that, that would push her tears further into her eyes to stop them falling down her cheeks. Maggie and Alex looked at each other in disbelief. 

"Do you have her number?" Maggie asked innocently, Kara nodded, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion again and when she realised what was happening she was to late Maggie had already stolen her phone from the floor in front of her, Alex had pounced on Kara to stop her from taking her phone back away from Maggie. Maggie started hurriedly texting a new message to the contact labelled 'Lena' on Kara's phone.  "Hey Lena, just wondering if you would like to be my date to the high school eighty's night dance on Friday, Kara." Maggie read out her text for the other two woman to hear before hitting send. Alex let a struggling Kara go before Maggie gave her, her phone back. 

"I can't believe this" Kara said glaring at her sister and Maggie, she was sure that not only would she never speak to Lena again but she had no chance on even becoming friends with the Salvatore now. Suddenly Kara's phone pinged and Kara looked at her phone warily. "It's from Lena" Kara said nervously. 

"That was quick" Alex exclaimed, raising her eyebrow. 

"That's a good sign Kara, open it" Maggie pushed, curious herself to know the answer. 

High School dances aren't really my scene

-Lena 

Kara frowned sadly before looking back at her sister and Maggie, who just made her look like an even bigger dork to the crush of her life. "I told you she wouldn't go with me!" Kara shouted before storming out of the bedroom. 

Authors Note:

Hey guys i hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for all the votes, reads and comments it means a lot

dont forget to checkout my other Supercorp fic 'Supercorp nervous lesbian laughter' and my Swanqueen fic 'Swanqueen is the new black'

thank you!